+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Angela Raynor In The Spotlight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Angela Raynor In The Spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ooh get you . I’m really on the naughty step aren’t I.

You missed the bit in one of my earlier posts in this thread where I said Angela Raynor should go if she’s done something wrong I take it. It was the post where I talked about how some seem to expect higher moral standards from Labour politicians compared to Conservative ones - it’s as if they’re more forgiving of Tory politicians behaving in a corrupt fashion because it’s what you’d expect from them. You were defending the use of our money to pay for a Tory Minister’s libel costs a few weeks back, now you’re whingeing at the BBC for their coverage of this episode with Raynor which is over a figure that is about twenty times less than the one involving Michelle Donelan.
    You are always on my naughty step Bob!

No, not at all. But the BBC report was really bad. It didn't stick to the facts and dwelled on speculation. Thats not what we want from the BBC. Newsnight did a much better job.

People are allowed to say that without droll references to GB News, which I must say does seem to have replaced The Sun on the left-wingers argument bingo card in the last year or two.

Saying she should go if she's done something wrong, isn't that honourable a position really - pretty standard. It's more how the standards you hold some to seem to be less enthusiastically applied in other cases.

I'll put some milk on the step for you Sludge, Jon, AZ and Citizens Nephew at 11am.

Re: Angela Raynor In The Spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You are always on my naughty step Bob!

No, not at all. But the BBC report was really bad. It didn't stick to the facts and dwelled on speculation. Thats not what we want from the BBC. Newsnight did a much better job.

People are allowed to say that without droll references to GB News, which I must say does seem to have replaced The Sun on the left-wingers argument bingo card in the last year or two.

Saying she should go if she's done something wrong, isn't that honourable a position really - pretty standard. It's more how the standards you hold some to seem to be less enthusiastically applied in other cases.

I'll put some milk on the step for you Sludge, Jon, AZ and Citizens Nephew at 11am.
    If this BBC report was as bad as you make it out to be, wouldn’t it have become a news story in itself? The Daily Mail and GB News would have loved that.

Im not sure what else I should be saying if Angela Raynor should go if she’s found to have done something wrong isn’t good or enthusiastic enough for you.