+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City On The Radio..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: City On The Radio..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    After seeing Phil Suarez gettig a mention in another thread (Loved his commentary) I'm trying to think of how many different radio stations have actually broadcast or have reported live on City Games. I may well be imagining this, but didn't Phil Suarez start off reporting on City games for CBC (who remembers them?) And i'm sure that Touch AM did City games for a while from some windy Fourth Division game where you could hear the individual groans and moans from fans as a side dish to the commentary. Then it was Real Radio for a time during the Hammam era? Can anyone remember anymore? Commentators -Co commentators etc?
    I remember CBC. Did Frank Hennessy have a show on CBC? Didn't it become Red Dragon Radio?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I remember CBC. Did Frank Hennessy have a show on CBC? Didn't it become Red Dragon Radio?
    I think that Hennessy had a show on CBC, i can remember some bloke called 'The Major' and i'm sure that it did turn into Red Dragon, although wasn't Red Dragon already established in Newport?

I remember the Major, if you followed his racing tips you're probably homeless by now

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I remember the Major, if you followed his racing tips you're probably homeless by now
    Thankfully i was to young to place a bet, The old man used to though. Maybe The Major is our very own Uncle Bob?