+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arm our officers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Arm our officers

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    i wonder if the % has changed with the " new terrorist threats "
    vaste majority of police are not involved with policing terrorism unless they are on patrols or cordons etc after the event, the daily slog for the majority is reporting burglaries, domestics, assaults etc and generally chasing their tails for the whole shift, actual preventative policing is dying out, no time

Re: Arm our officers

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    vaste majority of police are not involved with policing terrorism unless they are on patrols or cordons etc after the event, the daily slog for the majority is reporting burglaries, domestics, assaults etc and generally chasing their tails for the whole shift, actual preventative policing is dying out, no time
    the guy next door to me is aware of the threat of " being killed in a terror attack ", infact a few years ago, they were all told to change into Civvy clothes to go home, as the threat of a policeman being killed in a attack was real, it must have been after Lee Rigby was murdered

I have discussed that with him, he hates it that his wife and family worry about him at work, it pee's him of alot, he often moans, i would have been better of being a window cleaner