+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player recruitment and development

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Player recruitment and development

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Keep your hair on. Its a valid point. If youre going to make a list of ex City players plying their trade in the top leagues why cap it at "last decade"?
    Let's be honest, Aaron Ramsey is ancient history as far as City are concerned. He was sold in June 2008. The point I was trying to make is about the way the club has been operating in recent times. Obviously. And you can just **** off with the 'agenda' stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Let's be honest, Aaron Ramsey is ancient history as far as City are concerned. He was sold in June 2008. The point I was trying to make is about the way the club has operating in recent times. Obviously. And you can just **** off with the 'agenda' stuff.
    A point that has been made thousands of times on this forum alone in the last few years. I dont think you would find anyone arguing there has been no pathway for our youngsters, or that Warnocks transfer dealings have been any good. Apart from DML1954 maybe.

Besides, we are a championship club and weve got many ex-players playing in the Championship, and also quite a few who come through the ranks at City. I dont know why you would expect to have a load of ex-City players operating at Premier League level.

Weve got 3 players currently starring for the Wales under 19 set-up, and have been getting game time for Citys Under 23s recently. It will be interesting to see if they will be developed better than the age group above them who seem to have all been shifted out on loan to League of Wales clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Let's be honest, Aaron Ramsey is ancient history as far as City are concerned. He was sold in June 2008.
    Looking at players we sold/loaned etc between 2004-2011. These players moved to the Premier League or SPL or ended up playing at that level. I might have missed one or two.

Kavanagh (played for Wigan in the PL)
    Earnshaw
    Collins
    Gabbidon
    Tony Warner
    Jerome
    Chopra
    Gunter
    Ramsey
    Loovens
    Flood
    Johnson
    Magennis
    Ledley
    Matthews

Gives some sort of perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Looking at players we sold/loaned etc between 2004-2011. These players moved to the Premier League or SPL or ended up playing at that level. I might have missed one or two.

Kavanagh (played for Wigan in the PL)
    Earnshaw
    Collins
    Gabbidon
    Tony Warner
    Jerome
    Chopra
    Gunter
    Ramsey
    Loovens
    Flood
    Johnson
    Magennis
    Ledley
    Matthews

Gives some sort of perspective.
    Very few of those had a Premier League / top level career. Gabbidon, Collins, Ledley and Ramsey.