+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is CCMB dying?

Re: Is CCMB dying?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I didn’t know there even was another board, apart from ***** board that is. It is quiet on here but maybe the regulars are all gett7ng a bit older and don’t have as much time or inclination as did 20 years ago when I started posting on here as goats. It was very busy back then with all sorts going down in the chat room as Sam hammam appeared on the scene.
    Doubling up on posts is an excellent way of increasing traffic....

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The adblocker on my tablet has blocked 1,792,548 ads I'm not sure why people complain about ads on phones and tablets though, it's very simple to remedy.
    Not always so simple. I couldn't get an effective adblocker on my last phone (32 bit not 64 bit). I changed it at the start of the year and now no problem. But don't assume everyone has the same kit as you.

All three main CCFC boards have their own personality and style - and i read and post on all of them.

This is the one I come to first, though. Habit, familiarity and a community that I like most of the time.

It's not dying, just going through a quiet period.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Not always so simple. I couldn't get an effective adblocker on my last phone (32 bit not 64 bit). I changed it at the start of the year and now no problem. But don't assume everyone has the same kit as you.
    I've been using the same adblocker for years on all kinds of devices. Android is Android. If you were using something else then more fool you! Anything besides Apple and Android is crap

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I didn’t know there even was another board, apart from ***** board that is. It is quiet on here but maybe the regulars are all gett7ng a bit older and don’t have as much time or inclination as did 20 years ago when I started posting on here as goats. It was very busy back then with all sorts going down in the chat room as Sam hammam appeared on the scene.
    I remember when Sam first appeared on the scene, my username was Sam Hammam. Some people thought it was him until Mike rumbled me and kicked me off. True story

The ads did for me here , not a major contributor but always checked in , twitter is where I go to first these days , not too bothered about City news as we are dead men walking but a messageboard has a use . Long may the Ccmb continue

It’s a lot quieter now but this board has been brilliant down the years. Can’t imagine jumping ship to post on another board for some reason.

Interesting that in the six hours since this thread was initiated there have been over 850 viewings. So plenty are still looking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It’s a lot quieter now but this board has been brilliant down the years. Can’t imagine jumping ship to post on another board for some reason.
    Good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Too many posters who don't know how to debate without making it personal. Also becomes boring after a while sifting through the detritus of threads that start off promisingly and then just spiral into personal attacks.
    I knew you would chime in with that, **** you man.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I rest my case my lord .

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Good man.
    Yes well put. There are some really top end contributors on this board, whose views are well read and delivered ,may it reign forever.

I agree that this board can take pride in its high viewing figures, due to a higher quality of posters than other boards. I viewed this board every day for about 5 years before even registering for an account

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Likewise

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    not dying but less traffic these days

no doubt if we're still in bottom 2 come xmas the calls for changing the manager will be result in more traffic on here or maybe if we win a game !
    Its outlandish posts like this that are ruining the board .
    “ win a game” Jeez....

The adblocker on my tablet has blocked 1,792,548 ads I'm not sure why people complain about ads on phones and tablets though, it's very simple to remedy.
    I am on my phone waiting for the train to London . Not an ad in site .

Im not a big poster, but almost daily look in. Hope it continues. PS i have very rarely looked in on any other City boards.

No mate ........ Ad blocker is absolutely SHITE - can't get it off my laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

Ublock origin is the best I have found for blocking ads on a computer. Adguard for phones/tablets. Don't get Adguard from the playstore/applestore go to their website and download the app from there. No need to pay for premium as it works the same on the free version.

Of course this place has got quieter, we can all see that

though we still have plenty of decent posters , Mike touched on it, The posters who only wanted to arse around and " play the fool " have gone quality rather that quantity

I posted about my daughters Macmillan coffee morning and Igovener sent me 20 quid for it, now thats great and sums this place up Mike said " And we are a bit of a family. " he is right, if we need a hand in life, this is the place

NO LEADERS !!!!!

CCMB 'til I die.

I said the same thing when a similar thread was created ages ago.

Give me this lot over the pricks on twitter any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    CCMB 'til I die.

I said the same thing when a similar thread was created ages ago.

Give me this lot over the pricks on twitter any day.
    Some of those pretentious arseholes running twitter accounts make Carl Curtis look modest.

That Leckwith Mole really grips my shit.

He’s like a hybrid of Carl and Croesy.

It's not the same anymore a couple of good posters have left but tbf there used to be some shit freds on here that inevitably turned in to arguments that was funny on times but became predictable and boring