+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tommy Robinson 'arrested while filming outside grooming trial' in Leeds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tommy Robinson 'arrested while filming outside grooming trial' in Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Doesnt make sense then - information that is already out in the public domain both in print and online. He then basically repeats the information ie - 3 separate trials, 29 people, named names and the offences they are on trial for.

Cant see the difference ? , what is stop hundreds of thousands of people retweeting / sharing the report from the huddersfield enquirer?
    I haven't seen the Order of Court but it is usually there to safeguard the interests of the victims rather than the accused. The news report identifies the accused and when the trial is expected to start.

The great freedom fighter wanders into the court area filming indiscriminately after the order was served risking identifying victims, jurors, witnesses and those involved in other unrelated cases where there may be restrictions. Robinson's stupid and self-serving actions risked the victims not getting the justice they deserve but I guess his objective was to stay in the spotlight and if others suffered as a consequence so be it.

If you want to understand the rules that operate and the contempt of court consequences they are here.

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-cont...may-2016-2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I haven't seen the Order of Court but it is usually there to safeguard the interests of the victims rather than the accused. The news report identifies the accused and when the trial is expected to start.

The great freedom fighter wanders into the court area filming indiscriminately after the order was served risking identifying victims, jurors, witnesses and those involved in other unrelated cases where there may be restrictions. Robinson's stupid and self-serving actions risked the victims not getting the justice they deserve but I guess his objective was to stay in the spotlight and if others suffered as a consequence so be it.

If you want to understand the rules that operate and the contempt of court consequences they are here.

Very well put Cyril Evans, you’ve nailed it 👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Very well put Cyril Evans, you’ve nailed it ����
    Nice one Cyril

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Very well put Cyril Evans, you’ve nailed it ����
    Big Cyril, kicking arse, taking no prisoners

"Tommy" (or whatever fake name he goes by now) is relative small fry compared to other, larger, far-right movements across Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Here is the stream posted by someone on youtube, so you can watch it and decide
    So he read out the names of the people already identified in the Huddersfield Examiner, confronted and bad mouthed a few people walking into the court, randomly had his accomplice waft a camera around and then sneer at British justice. What is the point you are making?

It's probably the first thing you should have done before going on another extended diatribe. You have form for this, so I think I'm going to be refering to you as One-eyed Cyril from now on

PS I ain't no Tommy fan, but surely you could see even a tiny whiff of political chicanery? The judge laughing through the window was a dead giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's probably the first thing you should have done before going on another extended diatribe. You have form for this, so I think I'm going to be refering to you as One-eyed Cyril from now on

PS I ain't no Tommy fan, but surely you could see even a tiny whiff of political chicanery? The judge laughing through the window was a dead giveaway.
    If you are no fan of Tommy then perhaps you should avoid posting Malky emojis when you first reported his release on bail (before discretion got the better of you)!

If you are no fan of Tommy then perhaps you should avoid posting Malky emojis when you first reported his release on bail (before discretion got the better of you)!
    That was the OP's emoji, should I be calling you Half-an-eye Cyril?

That was the OP's emoji, should I be calling you Half-an-eye Cyril?
    Call me what you like given you deleted the post and replaced it with a link to the BBC site. Anyway what about this Order of Court issue you want to discuss?

Call me what you like given you deleted the post and replaced it with a link to the BBC site. Anyway what about this Order of Court issue you want to discuss?
    I didn't delete it, I replaced it with the BBC report which had more details.

ps The Order of the Court I referred to was the one made at the start of the trial in Leeds that sets the rules on reporting around court cases not the ruling made by the judge that found Robinson in contempt, which was the subject of the judgment today. I know facts are a struggle for you so don't worry about it.