+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Giggs on the brink of Wales appointment

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This, I took 3 / 4 days off work ( sometimes without pay ) to go and watch Wales around Europe

Friendlies or Games that were meaningless ( due to failed qualifications ) It didnt matter to me, i was going to support my Country, Cheer on the team.

When you learnt that Giggs had pulled out of the squad ( pre internet days ) despite playing for Man Utd on Saturday , it became a bit of a joke, almost expected, how can a player think so little of his country that he couldnt be arsed to play ( i know i have mentioned i represented Wales in Judo ) you have no greater honour to represent your country in sport, it should be the pinnacle, it just wasnt for him, so how can he expect respect from todays players ? ? ? Saying " Oh I won this and that for man utd " will not cut it
    You are not seriously comparing amateur judo to being a proffesional footballer at the very top level!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You are not seriously comparing amateur judo to being a proffesional footballer at the very top level!?!?!
    indeed I am

Where the ultimate honour is to represent your county, it doesnt mind if its amateur judo or proffesional footballer at the very top level

That Welsh Logo / dragon on your chest ( or on your hip in judo's case ) should be a honour

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    indeed I am

Where the ultimate honour is to represent your county, it doesnt mind if its amateur judo or proffesional footballer at the very top level

That Welsh Logo / dragon on your chest ( or on your hip in judo's case ) should be a honour
    Can't disagree with that at all.

A great honour to represent your country in what ever your chosen sport is.

And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Can't disagree with that at all.

A great honour to represent your country in what ever your chosen sport is.

And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    I will be honest, it was a honor, a massive one ( my mum came along and cried when they introduced us ) When Bale spoke about all he needed was the dragon on his chest, I got it

which as you can see makes giggs and his actions even harder take