+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Bennett

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joe Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    When we're down 2-1, I think it might be a fairly odd decision to swap your left back! I don't think Cunningham will start vs Spurs, though. We've been shipping goals left, right and centre so I understand Warnock trying to switch things up to an extent.
    I wasn’t referring to Cunningham more of some players who are continually making mistakes

Both Morrison and more frequently Bamba, have had some pretty poor moments this season, where they have completely switched off, mistakes that wouldn’t have made in the championship. I think it’s also noticeable that Morrison has missed a number of good chances when attacking set pieces, again chances we would have taken in the championship. Not sure if it’s a case of managing the pressure at this level?

I would drop Bamba, move Manga to CB alongside Morrison, bring Bennett and Richards in and give them a consistent run. We need to get back to defending as a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I wasn’t referring to Cunningham more of some players who are continually making mistakes
    At the end of the season, a few of my mates were chatting going through who could play in the Prem or not. We got to Bamba, Morrison and Manga, and I quipped if those three can't step up, we've got real problems. We've got real problems.

It's an area of concern, they've been making far too many mistakes and the confidence is being drained out of them. I don't think we've got any choice to continue to pick Morrison and one other though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    At the end of the season, a few of my mates were chatting going through who could play in the Prem or not. We got to Bamba, Morrison and Manga, and I quipped if those three can't step up, we've got real problems. We've got real problems.

It's an area of concern, they've been making far too many mistakes and the confidence is being drained out of them. I don't think we've got any choice to continue to pick Morrison and one other though.
    Totally agree. All 3 are slow, poor positional understanding and struggle to pass the ball to a City shirt.
    What is more worrying is the comments from Warnock stating he does not know what else to do, other than keep training and hoping it will come right.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Totally agree. All 3 are slow, poor positional understanding and struggle to pass the ball to a City shirt.
    What is more worrying is the comments from Warnock stating he does not know what else to do, other than keep training and hoping it will come right.
    I think that's being harsh, they're just low on confidence and have been caught on the hop by the pace of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    It looks to be confidence thing. There have been some odd, panicky clearances and poor decision-making that I think perhaps stem from overthinking and being a bit edgy, rather than playing on instinct and experience. Not sure where the confidence will come from whilst we're on this run, a couple of clean sheets against 11 players would be a good starting point so we may have to wait a few weeks yet.