Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
Brexit poll reveals all of England and Wales now favour no deal - except London

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a4108916.html
Really? I would be surprised if the feelings behind that are not "just get on and do it" rather than favouring no-deal. At this point I haven't heard any positive reason for continuing to Brexit other than 17.4 million people voted for it when it was vague and undefined. I've love to feel optimistic about it but need to hear actual positives rather than referring back to a referendum that the leave campaign now are not challenging conclusion that they broke the law to win.

Rees-Mogg is now saying if the UK stays within the EU then can veto any large changes that a euro-sceptic would disagree with:

If a long extension leaves us stuck in the EU we should be as difficult as possible. We could veto any increase in the budget, obstruct the putative EU army and block Mr Macron’s integrationist schemes.
Not that everyone agrees with Rees-Mogg's interpretation, Andrew Neil:

The EU will not grant us a long extension unless we agree to abstain or vote with majority on important votes. Macron’s “integrationist schemes” apply only to Eurozone. There is no putative EU army. There’s barely a Germany army. Jake the Mogg in fantasyland?
What are the positive reasons for leaving the EU? Who is making that argument now?