+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Cardiff City's £10million move for Nice midfielder Adrien Tameze has collapsed.

Julien Fournier, Nice's general manager, confirmed the Premier League club pulled out of negotiations on Tuesday night, despite a fee having been agreed earlier at £8million plus £2m in add-ons.
    Surely we need a striker more, am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surely we need a striker more, am I missing something?
    Nope. I thought this transfer window was probably the one big opportunity to secure our Premier League status, especially considering our not-too-hopeless league position. It seems that a lot of people see the transfer window as something to be avoided/feared, which is will bring nothing but bankruptcy and disharmony...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Nope. I thought this transfer window was probably the one big opportunity to secure our Premier League status, especially considering our not-too-hopeless league position. It seems that a lot of people see the transfer window as something to be avoided/feared, which is will bring nothing but bankruptcy and disharmony...
    It's January 9th. 15 sides haven't signed anyone, 7 deals have been done by all sides, 2 of these are kids, 1 has gone back on loan. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's January 9th. 15 sides haven't signed anyone, 7 deals have been done by all sides, 2 of these are kids, 1 has gone back on loan. Get a grip.
    BUT... We're Cardiff City and we really need signings (replace Cardiff City for every other club in league dependent on which forum you're on).

Happens every transfer window without fail.

Peterborough and Sheffield United tied up loan deals pretty quick. I've no idea who/if we'll sign, or when, but am just expressing my view that we have a wonderful opportunity having spent frugally to date [by Premiership/Championship standards], to splash a bit of cash in order to improve our chances of staying up...

Peterborough and Sheffield United tied up loan deals pretty quick. I've no idea who/if we'll sign, or when, but am just expressing my view that we have a wonderful opportunity having spent frugally to date [by Premiership/Championship standards], to splash a bit of cash in order to improve our chances of staying up...
    Peterborough and Sheffield United picked up players we didn't want. We're trying to sign Nantes and Nice's best players. There's more than a slight difference. There's a reason so few Premier League sides have made signings, they're not trying to buy misfits.

I'm afraid I think you're being a tad unrealistic. We could spend £40 million this Winter window and end like Fulham have done for the first half the season - going down without much of a fight. The right players are needed (about 4 in my opinion) but even if we don't get those then we still have a fantastic chance of staying up and then the Summer window following will be far more important to securing our position.

The clubs main strength thus far has been positivity around the place and even a disappointing window shouldn't stop that, if we want the best chance of staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'm afraid I think you're being a tad unrealistic. We could spend £40 million this Winter window and end like Fulham have done for the first half the season - going down without much of a fight. The right players are needed (about 4 in my opinion) but even if we don't get those then we still have a fantastic chance of staying up and then the Summer window following will be far more important to securing our position.

The clubs main strength thus far has been positivity around the place and even a disappointing window shouldn't stop that, if we want the best chance of staying up.
    Will we stay up with Patterson as our No 1 striker for the rest of the season ? I'm not advocating spending £40m, not even £20m, but if £10 million could bring in a couple of fresh faces, including a goalscorer - even from the Championship - it will go a long way to improving our chances...

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post