+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Zohore to WBA - 8 Mil!!

KEN IS OFF

£8m to WBA

John Percy reporting, who is usually spot on.

Wow!

Re: KEN IS OFF

Decent money for a player Neil Warnock seems to have run out of patience with.
    Bit of a shame if he goes really, on his day he is devastating. He just doesn't have enough of those days.
    I feel he is a luxury that we can't really afford to carry this season. We need a striker who puts in 7/8 out of 10 perrformances consistently over a season.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
    Decent money for a player Neil Warnock seems to have run out of patience with.
    Bit of a shame if he goes really, on his day he is devastating. He just doesn't have enough of those days.
    I feel he is a luxury that we can't really afford to carry this season. We need a striker who puts in 7/8 out of 10 perrformances consistently over a season.
    Shame he had his best game in ages away vs Man United. I think there's a greater chance we'd regret not taking the money but there's a very decent chance we're going to regret this massively. Still, only 12 months left on his contract, got us up and still made £8m. Doesn't make turning down £16m so bad!

Disappointed if true. I still think he will come good and £8m isn’t a lot when you see what we paid for Madine and Swansea turning £15m down for McBurnie.

He’s also our no 1 striker so it leaves us looking weak up front.

Would rather have seen Madine and Bogle go.

Also, selling to a promotion rival.

Hope we’ve got something good lined up to replace him

He's one of my favourite players at City, admittedly a bit hit and miss though. I suppose the club thought , if it's true, that £8m is a good price for him. We must surely have someone lined up? Or if not the extra fee income will help us get an even better player. Otherwise we'll be relying on Danny Ward and Gary Madine!! (or Bogle). Why oh why did we sell Rhys Healey??!!!

Disappointed if true, when he's at his best we are a genuinely good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Disappointed if true. I still think he will come good and £8m isn’t a lot when you see what we paid for Madine and Swansea turning £15m down for McBurnie.

He’s also our no 1 striker so it leaves us looking weak up front.

Would rather have seen Madine and Bogle go.

Also, selling to a promotion rival.

Hope we’ve got something good lined up to replace him
    12 months left on his deal, hopefully they've got someone lined up. I'd rather we didn't strengthen WBA though, as you say! I think we probably need two strikers now. Hopefully a loanee and a big money buy.

I agree though, I'm more disappointed than I thought I'd be.

I've seen him play some stormers - and many duds.

Just don't think he's 'right'. His head seems all over the place and he's often injured with niggles that take a age to get right.

He had one hot streak - and that for me is that.

Get more money and move him on.

Yes. Let's get rid of Zohore and keep Madine , Bogle and Ward. I hope he doesn't go. We'll have Gary marine leading the line at Wigan if we're not careful. I expect we'll pout the money towards signing Assombalonga? I'd rather keep Ken, he'll score a lot this season and I was hoping it would be for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Once U shop, U can't stop View Post

Just don't think he's 'right'. His head seems all over the place and he's often injured with niggles that take a age to get right.

I hope this is true. Revenge for the Baggies selling us Ricky Lambert😁

Bit of a shock that one. We must definitely have someone lined up then. Far from convinced it's that Brett Asambalonga fellow everyone's talking about, although having said that Boro have that Preston player Hugill in their sights, so who knows?

If this is true I assume he will be flying back to the UK for a medical with WBA - not doing one in the USA.

If he continues to appear in the daily training compilation videos this story will look very iffy.

I have got mixed feelings on this one. I can understand why Warnock may have lost patience again and why the club would see the reported fee as good business - but when he is good Ken is very good, and that glimpse of the 'I'm back' Ken at Old Trafford gave me hope for this season.

If we do sell we must surely have someone (or some two) lined up as replacements.

He 'could and should' be a damn good striker

But I'd rather Paterson, Madine or Ward start ahead of him which is a damning indictment

When Neil signed Niasse and Sala that was his judgement of Ken and I'd be guessing we are in the market for a striker so moving Healey and Zohore on makes sense as long as we bring in somebody.

Kodjia of Villa would fit the bill

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If he continues to appear in the daily training compilation videos this story will look very iffy.
    Without going into bat for a journalist, John Percy's track record is exceptional. I'd say this one is nailed on.

Telegraph claiming he is en route to the WBA training ground!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...enneth-zohore/

Re: Zohore to WBA - 8 Mil!!

Apologies! Admin, can you merge.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have got mixed feelings on this one. I can understand why Warnock may have lost patience again and why the club would see the reported fee as good business - but when he is good Ken is very good, and that glimpse of the 'I'm back' Ken at Old Trafford gave me hope for this season.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

I think is time at our club is due to end,had some great games with even better goals but way too many effortless appearances.Worst header of a footballer I’ve seen -baby.
    £8M is good business at this point.Thanks for the memories Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Bit of a shock that one. We must definitely have someone lined up then. Far from convinced it's that Brett Asambalonga fellow everyone's talking about, although having said that Boro have that Preston player Hugill in their sights, so who knows?
    I though Hugill has gone to West Ham a year or so ago - but had been loaned out last season?

I might cheer up if we replaced him with Dwight Gayle 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    £8m to WBA

John Percy reporting, who is usually spot on.

Wow!
    Ill take that he's not mentally tough enough ,I have had the privilege of being near the lad , he's away with the fairies .

Quote Originally Posted by Once U shop, U can't stop View Post

I think it's tactics. When Warnock plays tactics that suit Zohore then he is good, but when he doesn't he's utter shite.
    Because he's big people assume he is a back to the goals target man, good in the air, hold the ball up etc... I think he's much better when he's facing the goal and running at the defence. I think he'd be excellent in a big man, little man system, but he would be Earnie rather than Thorne.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Without going into bat for a journalist, John Percy's track record is exceptional. I'd say this one is nailed on.
    You've just batted for Percy