+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disloyal supporters

Disloyal supporters

The disloyalty shown to Neil Warnock by a section of armchair managers is beyond belief.
    Have you forgotten where we were before he arrived the pathetic state the club was in and the promotion he got us on a shoe string budget.not to mention the fact he embraced supporters with fans evenings etc.
    As soon as he needs our backing what does he get from some....... a knife in the back.
    you should be ashamed of yourselves. When the going gets a little bit hard and results[2] dont go our way slag off one of if not the best manager we have ever had....lovely.The way so called supporters turn never ceases to amaze me.The only comfort I have is that it is a minority who as usual make the most noise.
    Take a day off chaps get behind the team and lets see what happens.
    What Neil Warnock must be thinking I can only imagine.
    Get some loyalty and backbone.

Re: Disloyal supporters

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    As soon as he needs our backing what does he get from some....... a knife in the back.
    you should be ashamed of yourselves. When the going gets a little bit hard and results[2] dont go our way slag off one of if not the best manager we have ever had....lovely.
    I haven't said Warnock out an any point personally, but this section here seems to forget the entirety of last season when we won 10 games and got relegated and he was supported passionately the entire time

CardiffCitySince1927

I’m ashamed too.
    Don’t get me wrong, when I was watching that game a little part of me was thinking... shit he could go but really why?
    He’ll turn the boat around get us playing again and then we’ll understand why he’s been in football 40 years.

What he has done for the club so far is only describeable as immense. 23rd to almost survival. The facilities the club has now are top class utilising the Parachute payments. We may have an aging side, but that can almost be seen as a good thing as they are experienced and when new manager comes in they can build the club in their image - one that Warnock doesn’t have to decide

Warnock is a class act, don’t forget that. Remain loyal, the year will fly by, and we will see what a new manager does with the club next year.
    At least he’s not Trollope.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Ah so the support last year during some shitty times and terrible managerial decisions doesn't count. Gotcha.

The players are lucky to be playing for Neil
    And I'm sure they know it.
    My frustrations on Sunday were with the players. He will sort it out quickly because he's the best guy for the job. Luckily the controllers of our club have cool heads.
    Keep faith.

Just because people are criticising the transfer business and last couple of games does that make them disloyal?

Warnock has done an amazing job but he got a pass last season imo and this year if we don't do well he deserves some criticism.

I think it’s perfectly fine and human to appreciate what Warnock has done for us and at the same time question his tactic, decisions and transfers. There is nothing disloyal about that.

In fact it is healthy... what is unhealthy is to blindly follow and support someone for something good they’ve done in the past without questioning the present and future

“So called supporters”

I ****ing hate that line. So people can’t let off a little steam?

“Arm chair managers”

People are entitled to discuss how they think the team sets up, its been done since football began fella and won’t ever change.

I think a lot of it comes from the fact that Warnock himself has said he will hang it up after this season, and even said he may quit before hand if it isn’t all going his way.. a lot of people recognise the negatives this brings

Blind faith is being dis loyal to the club.
    Yes he worked a miracle to get us to the Prem which I am grateful for but he should have gone at the end of last season when he spoke of retirement.
    It was the ideal time for a new forward thinking manager to change the whole ethos of the club.
    There must be a more than million to one chance of an academy player getting to the 1st team it's the only way we can become sustainable and not rely on a billionaire.
    I would be more than surprised if the club have any plans for Neil's successor they will just keep fighting fires like they always do.

I expect us to be challenging for promotion. Anything less and he will be getting criticism. Warnock is not beyond criticism yet there is a section of support who get very delicate when anyone dare to. Tough.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I expect us to be challenging for promotion. Anything less and he will be getting criticism. Warnock is not beyond criticism yet there is a section of support who get very delicate when anyone dare to. Tough.

The disloyalty shown to Neil Warnock by a section of armchair managers is beyond belief.
    Have you forgotten where we were before he arrived the pathetic state the club was in and the promotion he got us on a shoe string budget.not to mention the fact he embraced supporters with fans evenings etc.
    you should be ashamed of yourselves. When the going gets a little bit hard and results[2] dont go our way slag off one of if not the best manager we have ever had....lovely.The way so called supporters turn never ceases to amaze me.The only comfort I have is that it is a minority who as usual make the most noise.
    Take a day off chaps get behind the team and lets see what happens.
    What Neil Warnock must be thinking I can only imagine.
    Get some loyalty and backbone.
    I have never understood why it is somehow cowardly to criticise the club or someone employed by it, can you put me right on this please?

I have said what i wanted to say and stick by it.
    Beware what you wish for.
    To listen to some fans you would swear the season was already over

Why do people have such a negative reaction to discussion on here? It's the same in any topic, everyone sees anyone saying something they disagree with as a peronal attack.

To be fair every one of us wants Warnock and the club to succeed. We all love this football club. We just have different opinions on how it should be done. This forum world be a dull place if we all agreed.

I'd be more worried about what happens after Warnock. He did a great job when he joined, and he did way more than was asked of him. However, I still believe we have wasted one year of transition time. After the relegation, it was obvious that there was a lot of rebuilding work to be done, and now we will have a new manager who didn't have any input into the current squad. I wouldn't blame Warnock for that, it's the clueless people above him who lack real football knowledge.

I'm loyal to the club, not the manager. What he's done here, most likely will not be repeated, particularly how he galvanised an otherwise very disinterested fan base, and gave a lot of us if not all our best season for a very long time the year we went up. Didn't embarrass ourselves in the Prem and those who were at Leicester and Southampton, I am sure would put them right up there with the best games, let alone away games they can say they were at. However, we've all supported Cardiff City long enough to know there will not be a succession plan, and if there is, it won't go well. There is no time for sentimentality in football, not to say you should sack managers willy nilly, so there's a very fine line in that respect.

But to allow Neil, who I think everyone can say at the very minimum has been unlucky with players he's spent money on, and at the most downright diabolical with how he's spent the clubs money to have another summer building a team that in one season won't be his problem was a strange decision that effectively forces the next manager to either A) Be similar to Warnock, or B)Spend a serious amount of time hoping they can install whatever that specific managers philosophy is in to the team, and hope it works. We've cornered ourselves by keeping him on, and allowing him to spend money. Neil has my respect, he's not immune to criticism however and this has been a terrible start to the season, we deserve to be on 1 point. Hopefully we batter Huddersfield tomorrow and then turn over Blackburn and any concerns are washed away.

By the way, and I've said it before, what the **** has Neil done for the academy. It's a waste of money.

What a load of horseshit. Managers deserve praise when things go well and they deserve being questioned and criticised if they make mistakes and results/performances are crap.

It's a part of football. Nobody is back stabbing or isnot supportive of the club

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What a load of horseshit. Managers deserve praise when things go well and they deserve being questioned and criticised if they make mistakes and results/performances are crap.

It's a part of football. Nobody is back stabbing or isnot supportive of the club
    Well said!

Poor start to the season . If we don’t buck our ideas up quickly then the season will be over .
    We are not great at scoring goals . We are conceding lots of goals . Shapeless in midfield . We are flat atm .

Warnock is a class act, don’t forget that. Remain loyal, the year will fly by, and we will see what a new manager does with the club next year.
    At least he’s not Trollope.[/QUOTE]

And at least he's not Russell Osman either. I had Talksport on in the car this morning and they were speaking to Sam Alladyce. Alladyce mentioned he had spoken to Osman recently and he was currently working in India. I wouldn't trust Osman to be a waiter in my local Indian! The nightmare of the Hibbert and Osman 'Reign of Terror' will never ever leave me. You are right, Warnock can and will turn things around, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'm loyal to the club, not the manager. What he's done here, most likely will not be repeated, particularly how he galvanised an otherwise very disinterested fan base, and gave a lot of us if not all our best season for a very long time the year we went up. Didn't embarrass ourselves in the Prem and those who were at Leicester and Southampton, I am sure would put them right up there with the best games, let alone away games they can say they were at. However, we've all supported Cardiff City long enough to know there will not be a succession plan, and if there is, it won't go well. There is no time for sentimentality in football, not to say you should sack managers willy nilly, so there's a very fine line in that respect.

But to allow Neil, who I think everyone can say at the very minimum has been unlucky with players he's spent money on, and at the most downright diabolical with how he's spent the clubs money to have another summer building a team that in one season won't be his problem was a strange decision that effectively forces the next manager to either A) Be similar to Warnock, or B)Spend a serious amount of time hoping they can install whatever that specific managers philosophy is in to the team, and hope it works. We've cornered ourselves by keeping him on, and allowing him to spend money. Neil has my respect, he's not immune to criticism however and this has been a terrible start to the season, we deserve to be on 1 point. Hopefully we batter Huddersfield tomorrow and then turn over Blackburn and any concerns are washed away.

By the way, and I've said it before, what the **** has Neil done for the academy. It's a waste of money.
    What he said

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    At least he’s not Trollope.
    And at least he's not Russell Osman either. I had Talksport on in the car this morning and they were speaking to Sam Alladyce. Alladyce mentioned he had spoken to Osman recently and he was currently working in India. I wouldn't trust Osman to be a waiter in my local Indian! The nightmare of the Hibbert and Osman 'Reign of Terror' will never ever leave me. You are right, Warnock can and will turn things around, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

During the war..zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post

An excellent post , sharing my thoughts exactly. There is absolutely nothing wrong in being critical of the manager when such criticism is deserved. I am also critical of the club in allowing a position to arise where there is no succession planning for the post-Warnock era whether he is highly successful or very unsuccessful as our manager. Either way , as you say in your post , there is a major rebuilding and restructuring job to be done by whoever can be attracted to the club as our new manager next season (or earlier if results dictate) and that must make the job more unattractive to a good candidate.

I will continue to give my full support to the club and the team on the pitch , as I have done for the last 57 years, but still feel I am within my rights to criticise recruitment, selection and tactical decisions where deemed appropriate.