Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
I think anyone over 21 and not involved in the first team set up is going to get moved on. We might make a mistake and miss someone but I think it's the right thing to do for the players, as they're not going to kick on here. Hopefully it allows people like Mark Harris to get more game time and more chances. Slade taking a chance on Wharton is quite funny given his reluctance to play any of the youngsters during his tenure!
Prioritising a 22 year old academy player from a higher division over a potentially equally talented and younger player from within seems exactly like a Slade move. Tapping into his experience to find a player who is likely to be useful addition is where it all falls down.

I wonder how many players from our youth set-up look somewhat enviously at Tom Lockyer? He was released from the academy much sooner than those who have been waiting for an opportunity and has now played 156 games of senior football. Bristol Rovers aren't a million miles away from a play-off place either.