+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What unusual food combinations have you put together when raiding your larder?

What unusual food combinations have you put together when raiding your larder?

I am currently addicted to mushy peas in pesto and I put orange juice on my cereal instead of milk.

Re: What unusual food combinations have you put together when raiding your larder?

I used strawberry jam with poppadoms, tasted alright, strawberry chutney as opposed to Mango Chutney. I put Paprika on everything i eat, fresh mackerel with a beef stock cube rubbed all over it and a little oil mixed together with home made vegetable rice-Lovely.

Re: What unusual food combinations have you put together when raiding your larder?

Supernoodle, camp coffee and chickpea surprise. The surprise being pilchards.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Supernoodle, camp coffee and chickpea surprise. The surprise being pilchards.

Bacon and beetroot sarrnies!

Cheese and chocolate toasted sandwich.

I once had bolognese with rice. Tasted odd and the texture was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I once had bolognese with rice. Tasted odd and the texture was weird.
    I've done the sort of opposite. Pulled what I thought was a Bolognese out of the freezer. Didn't realise it was a jalfrezi and end up having curry and spaghetti.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I am currently addicted to mushy peas in pesto and I put orange juice on my cereal instead of milk.
    When I first started work I used to make cheese, peanut butter and branston sandwiches. Absolutely lovely! Still have them now occasionally, but changed to toast rather than raw bread. Funnily enough they used to be called "cupboard sandwiches" too.

Dip cucumber in sugar, tastes like water melon.

Haven't got there yet. Although, I've been eating more more dessert type stuff than usual. Even ice cream. Which we always have in the freezer and which I have never until this month.

I've also been drinking more coffeee than usual. Out of boredom. Beats drinking all day I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I've also been drinking more coffeee than usual. Out of boredom. Beats drinking all day I suppose.
    On the rare occasion i've had to go to the shop i've noticed the amount of booze people are buying, must be absolute pissheads to be drinking like that at home. I do wonder about some peoples relationships when it comes to alcohol, maybe it's the only time they feel comfortable with eachover or think that they have the ability to communicate when they're pissed up.

Had a cottage pie with a microwave pizza. Day before last.

Had spaghetti bollocknaked the other day, very liberating.

Last night I made rice pudding with sour milk and 8 year old pudding rice. No need for it as we have enough food in the house without panic buying. Made me think of the blackadder sketch where they started drinking their own urine and Tom Baker says he'd been drinking his for weeks. The rice was fine but sour milk wasn't such a great idea

The girls have made homemade frappachinos today, now having angle delight for pudding, Ive said enough is enough, lets try and conserve the milk we have, so I have been called the food police in our house

Have had to put vodka in my tonic, life as we know it is drawing to a close.

Quote Originally Posted by ryder bluebird View Post
    Have had to put vodka in my tonic, life as we know it is drawing to a close.
    It would be safer to use surgical spirit.

International

Ham and fresh cockles sarnies.But not now sadly, can't get the fresh cockles.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The girls have made homemade frappachinos today, now having angle delight for pudding, Ive said enough is enough, lets try and conserve the milk we have, so I have been called the food police in our house
    The pudding seems a bit obtuse, could lead to acute appendicitis.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The pudding seems a bit obtuse, could lead to acute appendicitis.
    I agree with you to a degree...

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Thatcher took Milk from kids as well, Just saying.

Branston pickle and mustard in yer sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Branston pickle and mustard in yer sandwich
    Nothing unusual about that, Shirley?