+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why is the story about our new leader about his skin colour?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Why is the story about our new leader about his skin colour?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    There is a we, a collective social we, and in recent years there has been a push for people to define themselves by their race or skin colour, attributes they dont control and don't matter.

Seems you are one of those people. I suspect it wont end well.

The story is we have a new leader in Wales. Not his skin colour. That's part of his story of course it is, but its not THE story, yet sadly to many people it is.
    If my wife submitted a story to any media editor in the world and failed to mention that VG is black and the first Welsh leader to be of colour then she'd never work again.

You've positioned the argument differently now though James. You started the thread talking about how regressive it is and now you're positioning it as some utopian (but unrealistic) humanitarian position that race shouldn't matter. Should it? Of course, it shouldn't. Does it? Hell yeah.

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures....-wales/latest/

S4C recently mixed up two Welsh rappers in a piece they did. That says everything you need to know about just how 'white' Wales is. One of the rappers rapped in Welsh btw. That's the kind of thing that flies in the face of your arguments.

You know it matters. You know what you're doing. We all do. And the irony that talking about tribalism (think of the origins of that term) on a football messageboard is hilarious. You gotta see that, surely?

You and I are in the 81% of the UK population who are white/white British according to the latest figures.

It's a HUGE story.

The other slant in your reply is a bit sinister though and sounds very Enoch Powell and I quote:

Seems you are one of those people. I suspect it wont end well.
    It sounds quite threatening actually.

Re: Why is the story about our new leader about his skin colour?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    If my wife submitted a story to any media editor in the world and failed to mention that VG is black and the first Welsh leader to be of colour then she'd never work again.

You've positioned the argument differently now though James. You started the thread talking about how regressive it is and now you're positioning it as some utopian (but unrealistic) humanitarian position that race shouldn't matter. Should it? Of course, it shouldn't. Does it? Hell yeah.

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures....-wales/latest/

S4C recently mixed up two Welsh rappers in a piece they did. That says everything you need to know about just how 'white' Wales is. One of the rappers rapped in Welsh btw. That's the kind of thing that flies in the face of your arguments.

You know it matters. You know what you're doing. We all do. And the irony that talking about tribalism (think of the origins of that term) on a football messageboard is hilarious. You gotta see that, surely?

You and I are in the 81% of the UK population who are white/white British according to the latest figures.

It's a HUGE story.

The other slant in your reply is a bit sinister though and sounds very Enoch Powell and I quote:

It sounds quite threatening actually.
    Correction to my post. I should have typed: S4C recently mixed up two, black, Welsh rappers in a piece they did.

Apologies.