Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
For the Times: 'Ministers dismissed warnings on failing firm Carillion' - but still handed out lucrative contracts to them.

Could the reason be that Carillion donates to the Tory party? If not, why give contracts to a failing business? Of course this government should be blamed.
I don't know that depth of details relating to funding political parties, I do the workers unions fund other political parties .

If it wasn't them who in your view should have been handed the contract this size , there are very few companies about .

I'm no Tory ,but its too easy to blame Goverments, at least as its a private firm its shareholders and banks that get hurt not hefty tax paying subsidies , I'd jyst postpone the madness that us HS2 but they won't as tgey will get "we hate northerners " bleats , as I say you cant win .

Once again the pension commitement raises its ugly head as with steel workers have these benefits and wage scales been over egged and demanded, to the detriment of younger people looking now for job futures ,that's a better debate as it appears unsustainable.