+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hugill Return??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hugill Return??

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I wouldn't say that Watters is necessarily weak as he's at least had a few instances of holding his own against defenders. He looks more clumsy than anything.
    I disagree completely.

One of my many frustrations with him is that he gets bullied by opposing defenders ALL the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I disagree completely.

One of my many frustrations with him is that he gets bullied by opposing defenders ALL the time.
    Augero wasn’t exactly worlds strongest man and one of the best strikers on the planet

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Augero wasn’t exactly worlds strongest man and one of the best strikers on the planet
    Aguero was incredibly strong. He had a super low centre of gravity and you couldn’t knock him off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Aguero was very strong.

Etete was a strange signing. If he was any good, spurs wouldn't have let him go for £500k. If he was a Tier 1 player they would have kept him, T2, sold him for millions to a german team, T3, kept him out on loan and eventually sold him.

It is a speculative punt for a couple of years time. Realistically he should probably go on loan to a L1 or L2 club to get some games. That miss against BHam was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I wouldn't say that Watters is necessarily weak as he's at least had a few instances of holding his own against defenders. He looks more clumsy than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Etete was a strange signing. If he was any good, spurs wouldn't have let him go for £500k. If he was a Tier 1 player they would have kept him, T2, sold him for millions to a german team, T3, kept him out on loan and eventually sold him.

It is a speculative punt for a couple of years time. Realistically he should probably go on loan to a L1 or L2 club to get some games. That miss against BHam was awful.
    To be fair to Etete we haven’t seen enough of him yet. All we can go on are people that have seen him and the general feeling among Spurs fans was that they were disappointed he went on a permanent and were very keen on a buy back clause. I also do t think he was signed as a starter - more a project.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Aguero was very strong.
    I can't believe Aguero has even been brought up in the conversation. Max Watters isn't even at Chris Pike or Carl Dale level yet.

All three of the forwards we have all look more suited to playing alongside another forward. Assuming we're not switching to a 4-4-2 anytime soon, I'd say we do need two forwards similar in style to Hugill, who can make those kind of runs in behind and hold up the ball at least a little bit in order to bring others into play.

Etete does seem a strange gamble to me.

International

Cardiff City transfer news Live: Updates as Norwich City striker Jordan Hugill's future shrouded in mystery

Cardiff City have nine days to solve their striker issue.

Manager Steve Morison has brought in 15 players this summer in a complete squad overhaul which has had promising signs so far.

The defeat to Bristol City, though, showed where the Bluebirds are lacking - namely in the final third. They created chances at Ashton Gate but couldn't convert them.

Former loan man Jordan Hugill could be available, with Norwich City manager Dean Smith unsure of what will happen with the forward come deadline day.

We'll have the latest Cardiff transfer gossip for you throughout the day.

Hugill latest
    We reported yesterday Dean Smith's quotes on Hugill's future in Norfolk, but for those who missed them, here they are.

"We're not looking to lose any players, that's for sure," he said, speaking ahead of Norwich's Carabao Cup tie with Bournemouth at Carrow Road this evening (Tuesday). "I said there might come a point in this window when players who are not playing might want to go elsewhere. We would assess that and decide whether it is the right thing to do for the football club. That’s the most important thing."

When asked specifically on Hugill's future, he added: "I don't know. Jordan [Hugill] will be available for the squad on Tuesday, he might go and score a hat-trick and all of a sudden he puts his name down and takes his opportunity. And that is what I want at this club."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-24828323

International

I'm starting to think he will be coming, he's a good player, very hard working with a good attitude and he's better than what we have.