+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SNOW WATCH

Re: SNOW WATCH

Snowed for 10 minutes up in Pontypridd and the whole place has ran out of milk and bread.

It's stopped now with barely an inch down.

Facking freezing on the building site today, barrel of water had 4 inches of ice on top, had to put a shovel through it to get the water, no heating, no power on, no front doors either, grim.

Belting it down in Blackwood at 5pm freezing onto the windscreen , -4 ,screen wash frozen solid.

CF14 subtropical -1 no snow

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    FFS! Could have done without it. I know the council have to make a call but I bet the weather is nowhere near as bad as they are forecasting. A light dusting at worse.
    So, rather than "the beast from the East", you are hoping for
    "the non-event from the continent".

Well it's nice folk get a day off

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    So, rather than "the beast from the East", you are hoping for
    "the non-event from the continent".

It's "the fraud from abroad"

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

It's "the fraud from abroad"
    Or Andreas Cornelius as he is better known

I'm in the middle of Siberia and it's snowing like hell. Unbelievably I just bumbed into TBG on one of his weekly excursions.

Plenty of white stuff scattered around Merthyr, but no snow.

Not getting home tonight, so I'm in a hotel in Glasgow.

Not as much fun as 1982, mind, when I was snowed in as a teenager in Dyffryn with about 100 of my mates. Now that was a lot of fun!

Just come back from the Three Arches Quiz and there is no snow at all. A bit parky though.

they have shut the colleges tomorrow around here ( bath ) and we have no snow at all, crazy really

6 AM and clear .

Was forecast to snow all night.

Bloody freezing and windy though.

Is it going to be a load of fuss over nothing ?

Hope so !

It's coming later today..we had ours yesterday this way...you WILL be stranded

It's snowing fairly heavily in Fairwater now and the sky looks absolutely full of the stuff. It's definitely dry and cold enough for the snow to settle, but it's tending to just get blown around at the moment - it's certainly nowhere near bad enough to cause problems on the roads.

Hammering down in radyr and settling.
    Would not drive in this.
    Visibility not good

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Hammering down in radyr and settling.
    Would not drive in this.
    Visibility not good
    RED weather warning just issued by Met Office for South Wales.
    Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    RED weather warning just issued by Met Office for South Wales.
    Take care.
    Just about to post that!

Few mm in St Mellons, but it's coming down quite heavily. No wind as such yet - that's forecast later (Storm Emma)

When the relatively warm wet air of the storm hits the cold air from the 'beast from the east', we'll get significant precipitation.

Everyone stay clear of Swansea.
    Nothing to do with the weather, just a shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Just about to post that!

Few mm in St Mellons, but it's coming down quite heavily. No wind as such yet - that's forecast later (Storm Emma)

When the relatively warm wet air of the storm hits the cold air from the 'beast from the east', we'll get significant precipitation.
    I'm supposed to be driving down to Cardiff from the Midlands tomorrow morning. Might have to rethink that. Supposed to be on a coach to Brentford on Saturday (plus Devils at IAW on Friday and Sunday). Snow by us has blown away. That said, some light snow now falling.

Well I left the house this morning at 6.30. I’ve been to Usk, Pontypool, Brynmawr, Ebbw Vale, Merthyr, Blackwood and Caerphilly and back to Cardiff and it’s been the easiest days work I’ve had in ages. The councils have done a great job, the roads are clear and empty, it’s like working on Christmas Day. Hope it’s the same tomorrow.

Just been watching BBC main news and then BBC Wales. According to the news and weather presenters, we are all going to be killed between 3.00pm this afternoon and 2.00am tomorrow !!. The serious looks on all their faces as they are announcing this 'armageddon' is a sight to behold. Something tells me that they are probably all exaggerating a tad, not having had much to keep them going in the last couple of months. Giving silly names to weather systems also doesnt help me take them too seriously, although I must say hearing Derek Brockway waxing lyrical recently over 'the Pembrokeshire Dangler' has given me a laugh. In trying to get themselves 'down with the kids' in the language they use, they are making themselves look stupid and taking the general public for fools.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Just been watching BBC main news and then BBC Wales. According to the news and weather presenters, we are all going to be killed between 3.00pm this afternoon and 2.00am tomorrow !!. The serious looks on all their faces as they are announcing this 'armageddon' is a sight to behold. Something tells me that they are probably all exaggerating a tad, not having had much to keep them going in the last couple of months. Giving silly names to weather systems also doesnt help me take them too seriously, although I must say hearing Derek Brockway waxing lyrical recently over 'the Pembrokeshire Dangler' has given me a laugh. In trying to get themselves 'down with the kids' in the language they use, they are making themselves look stupid and taking the general public for fools.
    To be fair, they've probably been told to exaggerate to ensure people actually stay indoors

been sent home because of the forecast . thanks boss

never been sent home before !

i wonder if this storm reaches the pinnacle of the 1982 snow storm ? remember digging the way out of my house and snow drifts of around 6 foot on greenway road in rumney.! now that was a proper snow storm ! no fancy names to call it then just a snow storm .lol