+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Penalty shouts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Penalty shouts

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Yes two penalties they should’ve had.
    Although the Redmond one makes me laugh and that’s similar to Chopra’s foul against the Jacks 10 years ago.
    How can you give a penalty, a free shot at goal, when the person who was fouled is heading away from goal at the corner of the penalty box, posing no threat to the goal whatsoever?
    Cos it was inside the penalty box

Re: Penalty shouts

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Cos it was inside the penalty box
    Funny enough this was a debate I was having last week with a few friends.

I remember playing and getting indirect free kicks for fouls on me rather than pens.

Just because a foul is committed in the box doesn't necessarily mean it should be a penalty, according the the laws of the game.However, indirect free kicks are rare as Refs tend to give a penalty for any infringement, which is actually not right.

Here are some examples and a description of when Refs should give indirect free kicks instead of penalties.

https://www.myactivesg.com/Sports/Fo...in-penalty-box

In terms of the Southampton incidents I feel it would have been harsh to give pens.. it would be interesting to see what VAR does next season with those incidents. It does make up for the lack of a pen against Everton.

On a related issue is anyone else bemused by the number of times Morrison is wrestled to the ground in opposition boxes?