Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
Sorry Elwood I wasn't being facetious.

I asked because I know an awful lot of ex-military people have a knee jerk dislike for Corbyn and left leaning politics generally. Not all ex-military I hasten to add. It's also refreshing to meet others who think differently.

I genuinely respect your view though of course I disagree with your interpretation. However rather than railroading this thread any more than it already has so I wont develop my thought on the matter.

I genuinely wanted to find out why so many people have this weird view about Corbyn so I was intrigued to hear your views. As it happens, although we obviously have polarised political views, you are one of the more disciplined posters on here and I admire you for never resorting to name calling.
Ah sorry Dorcus, you make a good point about the military.

Yes there is nothing wrong with disagreeing and it can be done in a civil way as we are doing now. Too often on this board it descends into a slanging match.

I do try to avoid name calling, although I must hold my hands up to having blotted my copy book a bit last night by asking Hilts if his real name was Richard Head! (well he had called me a right wing loon then suggested I was Tommy Robinson. And I was tired !).

You are right it proabably isn't really worth discussing Corbyn and his faults on here now.

Nice to have a civilised talk anyway