+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 50m spent in 12 months

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 50m spent in 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Reid or Murphy? Haha. He doesn’t even play them ffs.
    and why do you think that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    and why do you think that is?
    Either that his signings aren't good enough or that his tactics don't suit his signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Either that his signings aren't good enough or that his tactics don't suit his signings.
    It's the first. We are going to be shopping in the 'hope/shows promise' shops for a while yet even if we stay up. Both players are learning a lot this year and are having to bulk up to try and make an impression. I have reasonable hope that both of them will yet turn into good players but they represent the reality of what we could purchase over the Summer - either young players with promise or old pros with no sell-on value.

I'm pleased we've gone for the former generally but Sala represents the other end of the spectrum - 'hope'. He's just as much a gamble as the others and the efforts we've had to go to in recruiting him shows the problems we have to work through in the next few years.

You only have to look at Huddersfield and Fulham to see that playing the 'right way' guarantees nothing either.

The club is doing its best - it will get things wrong and we'll most likely go down this season - but this season has been bloody brilliant in terms of support and some superb moments. It's just this board that is dominated by depressives who seem to take real delight in our failure.

It's the first. We are going to be shopping in the 'hope/shows promise' shops for a while yet even if we stay up. Both players are learning a lot this year and are having to bulk up to try and make an impression. I have reasonable hope that both of them will yet turn into good players but they represent the reality of what we could purchase over the Summer - either young players with promise or old pros with no sell-on value.

I'm pleased we've gone for the former generally but Sala represents the other end of the spectrum - 'hope'. He's just as much a gamble as the others and the efforts we've had to go to in recruiting him shows the problems we have to work through in the next few years.

You only have to look at Huddersfield and Fulham to see that playing the 'right way' guarantees nothing either.

The club is doing its best - it will get things wrong and we'll most likely go down this season - but this season has been bloody brilliant in terms of support and some superb moments. It's just this board that is dominated by depressives who seem to take real delight in our failure.
    Nobody is taking delight in our failure. It's what always happens in situations like this. Lots of questions, issues raised, it's a bit like an emergency meeting where people try and work out what's going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Nobody is taking delight in our failure. It's what always happens in situations like this. Lots of questions, issues raised, it's a bit like an emergency meeting where people try and work out what's going wrong.
    Sorry ETHB but there is a great deal of delight being taken by some on here who seem to feel it somehow makes them more knowledgeable. Questions and debate are fine. That's not what's happening here. The addition of our new 'ex-International' expert just adds to the misery.

Sorry ETHB but there is a great deal of delight being taken by some on here who seem to feel it somehow makes them more knowledgeable. Questions and debate are fine. That's not what's happening here. The addition of our new 'ex-International' expert just adds to the misery.
    Jesus wept.

Nobody is taking delight in our failure, that would be like me assuming that you're to defensive of Warnock and the club, we just have different opinions on how football should be played and how tactics should be implemented, it's as simple as that. Without the critical posters this place wouldn't spurn any debate after a game, which sort of defeats the whole point of being a football fan. I'll say this for Hartley, he may not suffer fools and sometimes come across as being a bit curt, but by my reckoning he's one of the few on here who you can debate football with. I've disagreed with him plenty of times as he has with me, but his football stuff is thought out and does provoke thought. I can't understand why people get wound up by him.