+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: any legal type of people on

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: any legal type of people on

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It all depends on the circumstances in which the management company lost the contract. If for example the contract was sold to a third party then all existing contracts might remain valid depending on the transfer arrangements or have they ceased trading? If it was simply a case of the management company losing the contract you should refer to your contract with them. What does it say (if anything) about termination?
    thanks

The " residents board " just went with a different company it seems

my contract ( with the old MC ) states i will be given 30 days notice to terminate my contract

I have just spoken to the new MC, they have said that they instructed the old MC to terminate all contracts within 7 days when they took over ( they of course did not notify me ) the new lot seem polite enough but £750 is a fair chunk to pay in " goodwill " to me

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    thanks

The " residents board " just went with a different company it seems

my contract ( with the old MC ) states i will be given 30 days notice to terminate my contract

I have just spoken to the new MC, they have said that they instructed the old MC to terminate all contracts within 7 days when they took over ( they of course did not notify me ) the new lot seem polite enough but £750 is a fair chunk to pay in " goodwill " to me
    Have the new company had their own people cleaning the windows as well?

You should write to the old management company making reference to the termination clause in the contract with a further copy of your invoice. As they failed to comply with the terms of their own contract by failing to inform you of their cessation of the management function they must be liable for the work done. If they fail to pay you - and you could say in your letter something like if they fail to pay within 28 days the matter will be referred to the small claims court for judgement. Such a case might not be acceptable for this procedure so you will need to do a bit of homework first. If accepted as a valid case, and should it go that far, my guess is that the management company wouldn't bother defending the case and will lose the case by default with a judgement in your favour. Do some googling on small claims court process before you write would be my advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Have the new company had their own people cleaning the windows as well?
    they said they " have a window cleaner they use " wouldnt tell me if they have done it, though i guess they must have as its been 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    You should write to the old management company making reference to the termination clause in the contract with a further copy of your invoice. As they failed to comply with the terms of their own contract by failing to inform you of their cessation of the management function they must be liable for the work done. If they fail to pay you - and you could say in your letter something like if they fail to pay within 28 days the matter will be referred to the small claims court for judgement. Such a case might not be acceptable for this procedure so you will need to do a bit of homework first. If accepted as a valid case, and should it go that far, my guess is that the management company wouldn't bother defending the case and will lose the case by default with a judgement in your favour. Do some googling on small claims court process before you write would be my advice.
    thanks i will have a think, as i said, if i drop the person who deals with the block in it, i guess they will not be that happy giving me other work, this year i have quoted 3 more jobs for them, I will discuss it with my mrs tonight, as it will effect her aswell if i lose all that work, might just be worth taking the knock or even saying to them to pay my fuel bill for the 3 trips and hope they see it as me offering goodwill and returning the goodwill with me getting a few more jobs

What a pane!