+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ~700 ST sold in the last 4 days

Re: ~700 ST sold in the last 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Surely, corporate seats wouldn't equate to the blocked off seats supposedly sold as maintained by dml1954.
    The reply by TheGoose is an interesting one though.
    Yes I thought of that as well, makes sense but walk up sales are terrible then so far

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Are you 100% sure that the ticket office manger includes Corporate season tickets?. As a member of level 4 the purchasing process is completely different as it’s through Corporate sales rather than the general ticket office. Perhaps this is why there are discrepancies in the numbers quoted. Roll on the start of the season.
    My thoughts on this subject aren't that important, I'm just pleased to be proved wrong because I thought season tickets sales would be quite a bit lower than they've turned out to be.

I seem to remember that before the Rambo effect that tickets were in fact selling very healthy for the time of the year , suggesting folk maybe are returning , whatever the counts are its bloody good news we are there as ( one love bluebird ) I look forward to embracing each and everyone of you with a smile and a bloody big hug and kiss ..

At the SLO/Travel group meeting ,the ticket office manager was asked by the board member Steve Borley if the total sales, 13900 at that time Monday evening, included all sales, for avoidance of doubt that means general and corperate sales on level 3 and 4 and he was told YES.
    I don't see an issue with this other than fans getting excited, wanting numbers to be higher, reading false information and believing it etc.
    The fact is we had a dreadful season and won very few home games and the football on show was boring TBH. In May if you had said we would sell nearly 14000 Season tickets 2 weeks before the first game, that is just 480 short of the total for last season, including half season tickets, I would not have believed it possible.
    Before Ramsey we had sold 12,000 plus, so fans had been buying despite the near relegation. We are in a recession, 111 food banks operate in Wales, it could well be that our supporters are struggling with bills etc and can't afford season tickets ahead of household essentials, so all in all I think its a great effort and applaud our fans and also believe ST numbers will still increase and we will have healthy walk up crowds.

International

Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    At the SLO/Travel group meeting ,the ticket office manager was asked by the board member Steve Borley if the total sales, 13900 at that time Monday evening, included all sales, for avoidance of doubt that means general and corperate sales on level 3 and 4 and he was told YES.
    I don't see an issue with this other than fans getting excited, wanting numbers to be higher, reading false information and believing it etc.
    The fact is we had a dreadful season and won very few home games and the football on show was boring TBH. In May if you had said we would sell nearly 14000 Season tickets 2 weeks before the first game, that is just 480 short of the total for last season, including half season tickets, I would not have believed it possible.
    Before Ramsey we had sold 12,000 plus, so fans had been buying despite the near relegation. We are in a recession, 111 food banks operate in Wales, it could well be that our supporters are struggling with bills etc and can't afford season tickets ahead of household essentials, so all in all I think its a great effort and applaud our fans and also believe ST numbers will still increase and we will have healthy walk up crowds.
    Great post Corky

I've had a few texts yesterday from excited occasional supporters yesterday talking about Moore and that we are looking a lot better on paper.

If we do get Moore a Keeper and a centre half look out, we could still sell a fair few more.

Thank you Paul

Someone will dispute what you say though, it’s in their nature

Ok. No one is denying what the ticket sales man said on Monday. However, after the early bird price window closed, the club sales office announced themselves that over 13000 season tickets had been sold. That was on June 22nd. Ramsey didn't sign until July 15th. Since July 15th over 1400 season tickets have been sold on the clubs website. Even if we assume that no season tickets were sold between the end of the early bird window and the announcement of Ramseys signature (a couple of hundred must have been) that means that over 14400 must have been sold by now. The club announcement figure of over 13000 doesn't tie in with the figure of 12000 you mentioned above, pre Ramsey. At the time the club announced ‘over 13000 sales’ in mid June, no mention of Ramsey signing had been made and there were over 8500 season tickets available online for anyone to buy. Now there are about 6200. That is all I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Thank you Paul

People on message-board’s will always dispute or disagree with things . People think they know what the debt is, people think they know how much a player earns , people think we are signing this player or that player , Tan isn’t interested , Tan was responsible for the colour change , when in-fact unelected supporters groups were consulted and so on.

If the club just made announcements via its usual platforms nobody would dispute anything. For what it’s worth as there have been no further updates since the 13,000 figure was released, then the 13,900 is no doubt on point.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Ok. No one is denying what the ticket sales MAN said on Monday. However, after the early bird price window closed, the club sales office announced themselves that over 13000 season tickets had been sold. That was on June 22nd. Ramsey didn't sign until July 15th. Since July 15th over 1400 season tickets have been sold on the clubs website. Even if we assume that no season tickets were sold between the end of the early bird window and the announcement of Ramseys signature (a couple of hundred must have been) that means that over 14400 must have been sold by now. The club announcement figure of over 13000 doesn't tie in with the figure of 12000 you mentioned above, pre Ramsey. At the time the club announced ‘over 13000 sales’ in mid June, no mention of Ramsey signing had been made and there were over 8500 season tickets available online for anyone to buy. Now there are about 6200. That is all I am saying.
    You’re wrong right from the start, Mona is a woman .

Don’t know a lot about your club, do you ?

Ok. No one is denying what the ticket sales man said on Monday. However, after the early bird price window closed, the club sales office announced themselves that over 13000 season tickets had been sold. That was on June 22nd. Ramsey didn't sign until July 15th. Since July 15th over 1400 season tickets have been sold on the clubs website. Even if we assume that no season tickets were sold between the end of the early bird window and the announcement of Ramseys signature (a couple of hundred must have been) that means that over 14400 must have been sold by now. The club announcement figure of over 13000 doesn't tie in with the figure of 12000 you mentioned above, pre Ramsey. At the time the club announced ‘over 13000 sales’ in mid June, no mention of Ramsey signing had been made and there were over 8500 season tickets available online for anyone to buy. Now there are about 6200. That is all I am saying.
    This is where things are getting confused. If someone buys a QPR ticket then the season ticket option for that same seat will be greyed out as it will no longer be available for the full season.

Was also at meeting with Corky and Tony and can only reiterate what has already been said. 13,900 was the clear number for all season tickets sold.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    This is where things are getting confused. If someone buys a QPR ticket then the season ticket option for that same seat will be greyed out as it will no longer be available for the full season.

Was also at meeting with Corky and Tony and can only reiterate what has already been said. 13,900 was the clear number for all season tickets sold.
    Perhaps the "greying out" situation when purchasing of a normal match day ticket could be looked at for next season's sales... as it could impact on a potential season ticket sale if people think that particular seat is gone.

This thread is spectacular. A club director asks a question at a meeting, the club’s ticket office manager provides the answer, three separate reliable witnesses who were at that meeting confirm the figure involved, but dml1954 is still not having it.

CCMB gold right here.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Not really very good then

No surprise with us

We are simply not a big club and never will be
    Why are you so fascinated with bigger being better?

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Perhaps the "greying out" situation when purchasing of a normal match day ticket could be looked at for next season's sales... as it could impact on a potential season ticket sale if people think that particular seat is gone.
    It's pretty standard practice, the only thing it's going to impact is people getting inaccurate numbers when counting seat numbers online.

Plenty of other seats to choose from.

International

Thank you Paul

Daft if they do, Corky knows and only tells the truth

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This thread is spectacular. A club director asks a question at a meeting, the club’s ticket office manager provides the answer, three separate reliable witnesses who were at that meeting confirm the figure involved, but dml1954 is still not having it.

CCMB gold right here.
    Make it four separate reliable witnesses

You are joking right ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

CCMB gold right here.
    I think the majority of supporters have only taken an interest in this season’s ticket sales because of Dalman’s claim that 18,000 season tickets would be sold when supporters were made aware who the big ticket signing was.

Clearly that’s not the case as of yet.

Hence the element of disappointment with many. Believe it or not , it’s a major topic of discussion to many.

You are joking right ?
    To be honest I wonder if you’ve wandered on here from Man City’s messageboard.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think the majority of supporters have only taken an interest in this season’s ticket sales because of Dalman’s claim that 18,000 season tickets would be sold when supporters were made aware who the big ticket signing was.

Clearly that’s not the case as of yet.

Hence the element of disappointment with many. Believe it or not , it’s a major topic of discussion to many.
    Exactly

Now either dalman was a bit daft in predicting those sort of sales or this club will never be as big as we would all love it to be

I don't think Coventry are a bigger club than us or indeed Bolton but the numbers sold suggest they are

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Exactly

Now either dalman was a bit daft in predicting those sort of sales or this club will never be as big as we would all love it to be

I don't think Coventry are a bigger club than us or indeed Bolton but the numbers sold suggest they are
    Coventry sold a load during the playoff period, and they were a confident bunch.

Last season their home season tickets were less than ours.

I can confirm the seat I purchased for the QPR game isn't currently available to buy as a season ticket but should become available after the QPR game has been played unless someone buys it for the next game which I may do as I think I should be able to get to the Sheff Weds game as well.

Post of the day. There shouldn’t be any grey at the club, especially after that joke of a kit.

I would just like to point out that I didn't start this thread, nor am I the only person who has commented in it who has been sceptical about the lower sales figures being mentioned by some posters and representatives of the club. I still find it hard to believe that City have only sold about 900 season tickets since June 22nd, after which a number of new players have been brought in, including Aaron Ramsey. However reading above what people ‘in the know’ have said it appears that the club season ticket portal on the website may actually really be a plan of the ticket sales for the QPR game. I find it rather strange that the club have done this and haven't found a way to differentiate between tickets available for that game and season ticket availability generally. This could undoubtedly deter some season ticket sales, as people look at where they would like to sit on the plan and it shows hardly any availability in the Canton end and limited in the Ninian stand centre blocks. They are pushing a button on the site that says ‘season tickets’. If the site put seats that had only been sold for one or a couple of games in a different colour with a legend asking them to contact the ticket office for further details of availability for the rest of the season, then surely that would help and give people hope that they could sit where they wanted for the majority of the season. The good news is that it looks like we have already sold nearly 16000 seats for the QPR game (in season tickets and one time buys) so with further sales in the next two weeks plus walk up, we will hopefully be getting 20000+ on the day.
    I would still like to know why some posters are so ‘down’ on the support the club gets. To me it is fantastic bearing in mind everything that is going on in the country. Our average ticket sales/gate last season was 19500 at a time when the team struggled and I am convinced it will go up again this season.