+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Am i the only one that

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Am i the only one that

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Agree Bob.

I think the days of an Ian Rush type striker have passed (for the time being anyway).

It would be hard to compete with teams that pack the midfield when you're carrying someone like Jordan Rhodes for large periods of the game.

I would love to see us stick with what we've got up top at least til the end of the season in the hope that we can get more out of Fred, Zohore and Harris.
    Because of what was happening in other parts of the pitch on Monday (e.g. Murphy, Bamba, Gunnarsson, Zohore), Kadeem Harris probably didn't get the credit he was due for what I'd say was his best first team performance for us so far. On the highlights package on the club website of the Villa match, they were saying that Jordan Amavi (a player who is attracting attention from Liverpool among others and is, apparently. valued at something like £30 million) was the best player in the Championship on his day. yet Harris was consistently getting past him in the first half and then, when he switched to the left in the second half, he was able to show Alan Hutton a clean pair of heals at times.

Warnock has said that he has told Kadeem exactly what he must and mustn't do when playing for the first team and, while he is always going to be someone who'll be inconsistent, I see signs that he is improving under our current manager. Harris showed he had the beating of both Villa full backs and I believe he has the ability to beat most in this division on the inside and outside, hel also tends to put over one or two really high quality crosses per game.

Therefore, I think the basics for a good Championship quality are there, but it's his decision making, game knowledge and anticipation that needs to improve - someone like Warnock might well be able to do that for at least two of those three aspects of his game.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 06-01-17 at 09:35.