+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NHS For Sale - The Naylor Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback

Re: NHS For Sale - The Naylor Report

does it matter who runs the NHS as long as it remains free at the point of use for all?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    does it matter who runs the NHS as long as it remains free at the point of use for all?
    Because if they privatise it, it'll be about money, so they'll shut down local A&Es and strip everything back to the bare bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Because if they privatise it, it'll be about money, so they'll shut down local A&Es and strip everything back to the bare bones.
    Bit late to start focusing on this.

It's been going on for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I've had a quick read and if used sensibly it could be a good thing, but (and it's a big but) everything is in place for it to turn into a total sell-off. The red flags are the government offering 2-1 on sale prices, a block on capital funding if trusts don't participate, and the 5 year limit (the length of a parliamentary term). There may be more, but those are the ones that jumped out at me.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Yeah, i hope Serco, G4S, Capita or Atos run it, they've got a sterling record of running private business for the people

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Yeah, i hope Serco, G4S, Capita or Atos run it, they've got a sterling record of running private business for the people