+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Cardiff enjoyable to watch?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is Cardiff enjoyable to watch?

It's been quite a while that a Cardiff team has been consistently pleasing on the eye. Trollope and Slade's teams were turgid for different reasons. Solskjaer was too experimental with too much change. I remember Mackay being criticised for his style of play which was far less direct than we are seeing now. You have to go back to boring Dave Jones for a side that regularly got the pulses racing.

That said it is difficult to make a case that the football we are watching is pleasant. I have been to every away game this season and think Warnock has been good to his word of learning the lessons from Wigan by effectively shutting up shop in terms of attacking ambition. It is slightly amusing when people argue about which goalkeeper has the best distribution when what we seem to mean is which keeper can most regularly find the 10 x 5 left or right strip 70 yards up the pitch that Paterson happens to be positioned.

Long throws from own half or into the area remind me of those racer snakes and iguanas in the Attenborough series. The snakes know they are coming and the iguanas don't disappoint.

We are a little more entertaining at home but even then against the only quality team we have played we seemed to assign Josh Murphy to a marking role on Steven Sessignon rather than the other way around.

Still will get behind the team because that's what you do!

Re: Is Cardiff enjoyable to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's been quite a while that a Cardiff team has been consistently pleasing on the eye. Trollope and Slade's teams were turgid for different reasons. Solskjaer was too experimental with too much change. I remember Mackay being criticised for his style of play which was far less direct than we are seeing now. You have to go back to boring Dave Jones for a side that regularly got the pulses racing.

That said it is difficult to make a case that the football we are watching is pleasant. I have been to every away game this season and think Warnock has been good to his word of learning the lessons from Wigan by effectively shutting up shop in terms of attacking ambition. It is slightly amusing when people argue about which goalkeeper has the best distribution when what we seem to mean is which keeper can most regularly find the 10 x 5 left or right strip 70 yards up the pitch that Paterson happens to be positioned.

Long throws from own half or into the area remind me of those racer snakes and iguanas in the Attenborough series. The snakes know they are coming and the iguanas don't disappoint.

We are a little more entertaining at home but even then against the only quality team we have played we seemed to assign Josh Murphy to a marking role on Steven Sessignon rather than the other way around.

Still will get behind the team because that's what you do!
    The decision to play for a draw against a very beatable Derby side was baffling, and the less said about Reading the better