+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Players you rated but seemed to divide opinion?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Players you rated but seemed to divide opinion?

Could someone explain the hatred directed towards Richard Langley? I’ve never known such venom to be aimed at any player from his team’s supporters. As far as I know he was deemed to be lazy. I felt really sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Could someone explain the hatred directed towards Richard Langley? I’ve never known such venom to be aimed at any player from his team’s supporters. As far as I know he was deemed to be lazy. I felt really sorry for him.
    I was enjoying reading this post and wasn't really thinking about posting until I read this! Why did he get such abuse. I really rated him and yet I know many didn't and he got dogs abuse. We were away from home somewhere - can't remember where - and his missus / girlfriend were sitting near us and the level of slagging off was embarrassing. But genuinely thought he was a gifted player. As for whitts, utter legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    I was enjoying reading this post and wasn't really thinking about posting until I read this! Why did he get such abuse. I really rated him and yet I know many didn't and he got dogs abuse. We were away from home somewhere - can't remember where - and his missus / girlfriend were sitting near us and the level of slagging off was embarrassing. But genuinely thought he was a gifted player. As for whitts, utter legend.
    I’m willing to accept that my opinion was objectively wrong on Langley but, as you say, I can’t understand the anger and aggression directed towards him from “supporters”.