+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What leave voters voted for?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What leave voters voted for?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well there is a long list of dislikes some highlights :

Article 17 to represent the EU in trade negotiations; to make rules and regulations, for example in competition policy

Free movement

Not able to determine our laws

Control of our borders ,free movement linked to trade

Fishing and agriculture policy .

€9.75bn EU staff pension and our liabilities.

Lacks of a standard minimum wage across members sates to stop folk having to leave their countries and homes

Lacks of wealth share to the poorer nations ,the Euro value between some is stark .

It's almost federal state like approach .

Lack of real democratic elections of commissioners or presidents its like some old boys club , they are not elected by voters ( ie real people ) their nomination come member state ?? in consultation with the Commission President ?? , then subject to hearings on their suitability ?? so their actual competency and responsibility is never exposed to the public is it , its like the bad bankers and CEO appointments , that old Labour hates .
    So why did you vote remain in first place?

Good cut and pasting from the Leave EU website by the way 😂😂

Re: What leave voters voted for?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    So why did you vote remain in first place?

Good cut and pasting from the Leave EU website by the way 😂😂
    I think I can answer that. When LoM was his previous persona, HubertHuw he started a thread called Brexit: Should I listen to the Loons with these prescient words:

There is no greater turn off in politics than listening to politicians spout to one ,what to or not do. In the case of the right sided politicians ,you have loons like Farage , Boris , Gove ,William Rees - Mogg , John Redwood , who in their right mind would be guided by their advise ?? when its plain to see thye are suing this as an internal power struggle within the Tory party , and bugger all to do with our best interest , Brexit is just the vehicle .

Just imagine out of Europe , Boris as PM , Gove as his deputy , Redwood as foreign Secretary and Mogg as the Chancellor, and with the the current loopy ( 70's style ) left as the effective opposition . Bloody hell save us all , give me a crap Europe union over any of the above, at least it keeps a tight reign on them .

So he voted remain to stop loons like Johnson and Gove getting to power and now would vote leave to keep loons like Johnson and Gove in power.