+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Messi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Messi

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Messi WAS the best, Ronaldo has overtaken him.
    It’s all about personal opinion I suppose, I personally don’t think I’ll ever see a better player than messi but there’s no point in arguing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It’s all about personal opinion I suppose, I personally don’t think I’ll ever see a better player than messi but there’s no point in arguing about it.
    Messi is looking a little jaded compared to his heyday. Bale has got 6 years on Ronaldo and it shows. Messi and Ronaldo are still great players, but they are not what they were, whereas Bale is just reaching his peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Messi is looking a little jaded compared to his heyday. Bale has got 6 years on Ronaldo and it shows. Messi and Ronaldo are still great players, but they are not what they were.
    Is there any subject you aren't able to be profoundly wrong about? I think you have a talent

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Is there any subject you aren't able to be profoundly wrong about? I think you have a talent
    Put it this way, Bale has more chance of winning the 2018-19 Balon d'Or than either Messi or Ronaldo.

Messi is looking a little jaded compared to his heyday. Bale has got 6 years on Ronaldo and it shows. Messi and Ronaldo are still great players, but they are not what they were, whereas Bale is just reaching his peak.
    You really think bale can carry on the length of time Ronald has

You really think bale can carry on the length of time Ronald has
    I'm talking about right now, as per my written words. I'm not talking about 5 years ago, or 5 years into the future. I said right now I would pick Bale over the other two.

I'm talking about right now, as per my written words. I'm not talking about 5 years ago, or 5 years into the future. I said right now I would pick Bale over the other two.
    You said bales just reaching his peak yet his body is slowly breaking down

You said bales just reaching his peak yet his body is slowly breaking down
    I didn't see any problems during his last 6 games, in fact he was devastating. He looked like the Bale of old, except more focussed.

I didn't see any problems during his last 6 games, in fact he was devastating. He looked like the Bale of old, except more focussed.
    Anyway Isco would be before bale

And what was he doing before those 6/7 games

The debate for both in their prime is a different debate. Id probably lean towards Messi, because theres no finer sight in football than a player dribbling past players for fun. However, I dont think he has that same explosion he had in his younger days, and so that is why I lean to Ronaldo currently because age has not slowed him down, and if anything he is still in his peak.

In the last 2 years the number of big games Ronaldo has done the business, for club and country, is obscene.