+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would you change your boozer because of the Beer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Would you change your boozer because of the Beer?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Am I missing something yer,what does cream flow differ from in terms of beer ,I like craft ales never tried a creamy one
    The difference is that keg akes are in a pressurised barrel and craft ales are not. The reason like keg is because it is served with a nice creamy head like beer used to be when I grew up drinking Brains and Ely ales. Then came the so called real ale revolution which originated in the S East where they always drank their beer flat and now you can't get a beer that isn't as flat as a witches tit. If looks like dish water

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The difference is that keg akes are in a pressurised barrel and craft ales are not. The reason like keg is because it is served with a nice creamy head like beer used to be when I grew up drinking Brains and Ely ales. Then came the so called real ale revolution which originated in the S East where they always drank their beer flat and now you can't get a beer that isn't as flat as a witches tit. If looks like dish water
    I#d agree with most of that, the big downside for creamflow pumps to me is they are invariably way to cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I#d agree with most of that, the big downside for creamflow pumps to me is they are invariably way to cold.
    That was the bit I forgot, cask conditioned (real ales) are usually served at about 12 centigrade. Good draught beers from kegs at may be about 6 centigrade while nitrokeg cream flow stuff is so cold that any flavour and aroma is killed off.

Depends if you go there for the beer or for the regulars/friends/ambience.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Depends if you go there for the beer or for the regulars/friends/ambience.
    That matters but if you don't like the beer perhaps you don't stay long enough to notice the ambience or make lasting 'pub' friends