+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burton 0 - 1 Cardiff City. Post match discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tell me they can play better than that....please

Just back from the pub in a great mood. Only Championship club to win away. Seen the goal (great goal) and then I read this. FFS!!!!

Burton doomed as well with 45 to go!!!!!!!

Clean sheet , 3 points away from home surely everyone should be happy.

We will probably play an awful lot better than we did this afternoon and come away with nothing. We will also probably play an awful lot worse and grab 3 points. That's what often happens in football.

I have only seen the brief highlights of the game today but seemed some decent football and a cracking goal by Zohore.

I'm very happy with three points from the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just back from the pub in a great mood. Only Championship club to win away. Seen the goal (great goal) and then I read this. FFS!!!!

Burton doomed as well with 45 to go!!!!!!!

Clean sheet , 3 points away from home surely everyone should be happy.
    Was having a Jimmy at half time and the guy next to me was bemoaning , the game , the team , the forwards , the lack of goals. We were doomed tonmid table obscurity . I asked him if he was being serious , the season was 45 minutes old and he had given up on us already , he couldn't see the quality in Zohore for a goal ? Some fxcking people .. Tomlin needs a bit of time to settle in , Mendez made all the difference when he came on gave 110% tackled everything and opened up Burton a couple of times bursting through,the wee French guy had some nice touches , Gunnerson was very tidy in midfield ( him and Zohore have always been favourites of mine 😀) Defence looked generally solid .
    Great away performance , great result , came away smiling , been looking forward to the new season today didn't disappoint . The championship is a great league , every side is capable of beaten every other side .
    We can build on today of that Inam sure . Oh yeah and £50 on Cardiff at 17/10 ..happy days ..