+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tories borrow more on average than Labour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tories borrow more on average than Labour

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The average has definitely been affected by what has happened since 2008, but the author then discounted the last eight years and, although the difference in the averages was a lot less, the Tories still borrowed more than Labour during the period 1946/2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Cameron will quite rightly be remembered as a one of the worst prime minister's we have ever had. His thinking that he couldn't lose the referendum, putting party before People, is one of the worst political decisions made by any prime minister
    Agreed cowardice by Cameron not to face down his raving right wingers followed by arrogance thinking he could blag his way through the EU referendum campaign.Still his Big Society idea worked a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Agreed cowardice by Cameron not to face down his raving right wingers followed by arrogance thinking he could blag his way through the EU referendum campaign.Still his Big Society idea worked a treat.
    Cameron has a lot to answer for but so have lot's of others in my view, including Corbyn who I am convinced has been telling porkies about wanting to remain as his actions during & after the referendum strongly suggest to me that he wants to leave. I am surprised that such a strongly principled man did not have the courage to show his true colours although I suppose Jeremy has been on a journey as Emily Thornberry put it.

As for Boris, Gove, & Farage their campaign was full of holes (& lot's of the brown stuff!) but unfortunately a dis-united remain campaign was unable to take advantage.

In Wales the campaign (or lack of one) run by Carwyn Jones & Leanne Wood was shambolic which resulted in a lot of their core voters choosing to leave. It is crazy to think that some of these communities benefit significantly from EU money so putting up a robust argument should have been relatively easy but clearly not for Carwyn & Leanne. They have put a lot of effort into moaning since the referendum but it's a pity that this effort was not matched before the vote. If Wales had voted to remain, like Scotland & N Ireland, I am certain that the UK government would be having a far rougher ride over brexit than it currently is.

So pointing the finger solely at Cameron is unfair in my view as there are lot's of others who should also take a long hard look at themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Cameron has a lot to answer for but so have lot's of others in my view, including Corbyn who I am convinced has been telling porkies about wanting to remain as his actions during & after the referendum strongly suggest to me that he wants to leave. I am surprised that such a strongly principled man did not have the courage to show his true colours although I suppose Jeremy has been on a journey as Emily Thornberry put it.

As for Boris, Gove, & Farage their campaign was full of holes (& lot's of the brown stuff!) but unfortunately a dis-united remain campaign was unable to take advantage.

In Wales the campaign (or lack of one) run by Carwyn Jones & Leanne Wood was shambolic which resulted in a lot of their core voters choosing to leave. It is crazy to think that some of these communities benefit significantly from EU money so putting up a robust argument should have been relatively easy but clearly not for Carwyn & Leanne. They have put a lot of effort into moaning since the referendum but it's a pity that this effort was not matched before the vote. If Wales had voted to remain, like Scotland & N Ireland, I am certain that the UK government would be having a far rougher ride over brexit than it currently is.

So pointing the finger solely at Cameron is unfair in my view as there are lot's of others who should also take a long hard look at themselves.
    I am not entirely sure what your point is regarding Corbyn? He should have said he was a leaver so everyone would vote remain? That might have actually worked.

The referendum was Cameron's baby, he used it to win an election thinking it couldn't backfire that is why he gets the blame.