+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Laces

Re: Rainbow Laces

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Obviously it’s not enforced segregation, but imho if a section of society needs their own bars then something is wrong with society. By retaining your own bar or club then surely you are perpetuating the idea that you are different, something to be kept separate from other people?
    They're not all living on an island together, it's just bars.

I do agree that it shows there is something wrong with society, but I sense that you think it's the opening of gay friendly bars that is the issue, whereas I would say it's the threatening behaviour of some towards gay people.

I don't think you're homophobic but I sense that homosexuality makes you a bit uncomfortable. That's fairly common and I think it's another reason that a gay person might want to 'segregate' themselves from time to time. Not all gay people are the flaming type, most do just want a quiet life which means being more closed about their private life than a straight person would be (how many small talk conversations are "how's the wife", "how's the kids", etc). I wouldn't blame any gay person for wanting an atmosphere where they can let their guard down a little bit.

As an example, I have a female colleague who has adopted kids with her female partner. We were talking about the kids and I said something about her husband and she had to say "well actually...." to correct me. It was clearly awkward for her because she didn't know how I would react and that's the kind of conversation she goes through very regularly. I really don't think it's as simple for gay people as others think it is/should be.

Homosexuality makes a lot of people feel uncomfortable , I don't understand that reaction at all

And there are quite a few people out there who are prepared to give someone a kicking just because they are gay

Can anyone see anything wrong with this?

bbc.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post

bbc.jpg
    We all knew it was coming, Yes the BBC need to fill " quota's " to please the P.C crowds, oh sorry i mean to have board range of employers from all races and sexual preferences so they can give a balanced view

Now can you imagine the uproar if the advert said " this internship is only open to whites "

The more people accept it, the worse it will become

bbc.jpg

THIS INTERNSHIP IS ONLYOPEN TO CANDIDATES FROM A
    BLACK, ASIAN OR NON-WHITE ETHNIC MINORITY BACK-GROUND

facking all imagine the out rage if the ad said
    "ITS ONLY OPEN TO PEOPLE OF A WHILE ETHNIC BACKGROUND"

surely ethnic background is irrelevant

bbc.jpg
    Where's that from? There is no way that is real surely

It doesn't look anything like the BBC careers website anyway and is worded like it's been written by a genuine simpleton.

Here's the actual link the that job, looks like it's been copied and pasted into a jpeg file and changed

https://creativeaccess.org.uk/opport...st-journalist/

My mistake it is actually on that link, how crazy is that

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Where's that from? There is no way that is real surely

It doesn't look anything like the BBC careers website anyway and is worded like it's been written by a genuine simpleton.
    The old it must be Fake Excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post

surely ethnic background is irrelevant
    Officially the BBC must have a board range of employers from all races and sexual preferences so they can give a balanced view.
    I heard a Radio program on it once

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Officially the BBC must have a board range of employers from all races and sexual preferences so they can give a balanced view.
    I can understand that but surely jobs should still be open to everyone so the best person for the job gets it.

I agree with some positive discrimination at the interview stage because minorities do get overlooked but excluding white people completely from applying seems stiupid.

bbc.jpg
    I work in the media. It is one of the least representative industries going. Absolutely chock full of white middle class youngsters. Nothing wrong with schemes to redress the balance.

I can understand that but surely jobs should still be open to everyone so the best person for the job gets it.

I agree with some positive discrimination at the interview stage because minorities do get overlooked but excluding white people completely from applying seems stiupid.
    Not according to the radio program i heard, as its a public service, they can advertise to specific sections of society so they can fill roles to give a balanced view

they used to say " preference will be given to CANDIDATES FROM A
    BLACK, ASIAN OR NON-WHITE ETHNIC MINORITY BACK-GROUND " but still had others apply, to save time and money ( the license payers money ) they can target specific types

this was on 1extra

Not according to the radio program i heard, as its a public service, they can advertise to specific sections of society so they can fill roles to give a balanced view

they used to say " preference will be given to CANDIDATES FROM A
    BLACK, ASIAN OR NON-WHITE ETHNIC MINORITY BACK-GROUND " but still had others apply, to save time and money ( the license payers money ) they can target specific types

this was on 1extra
    Interesting

The bbc is very white middle class, are their similar schemes for working class kids to get a leg up?

They must also habe a certain amount of talking and can't just play music flat out...hence all the crap they spout all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    The old it must be Fake Excuse.
    That's because it is a fake , it is doing the rounds now and appears on the arsehole Tommy Robinson of the English defence league page

What if they opened it to everyone and the best candidate always happened to be white? How do they fill the quota then?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Wbat if they opwned it to everyone and the beat candidate always happened to be white? How do they fill the quota then?
    It should work itself out , talent isn't linked to race, religion, disability in sectors like this. Probability wise most sectors should be a reflection of society with slight deviation due to better educations

The quota isn't there for the sake of being filled it's because certain people were being over looked when they shouldn't have been.

The best candidate should always get the job.

I am out of here , this site is turning more fecking ignorant by the day ......the homeless, big issue sellers , gays , them bloody ethnics , is there anyone else ?

The disabled ? Single parents ? People who drive a ford focus ?

Jesus wept

Interesting

The bbc is very white middle class, are their similar schemes for working class kids to get a leg up?
    Honestly dont know, as this was on 1extra, it was very much from the black persons point of view

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That's because it is a fake , it is doing the rounds now and appears on the arsehole Tommy Robinson of the English defence league page
    It's definitely not fake.

I do like the " officially " matt
    well ive noticed a class preference with the bbc
    as opposed to ethnicity
    it makes you laugh don't it
    what ever happened to
    "best man/woman for the job"
    "work hard and you will be rewarded"

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    People who drive a ford focus ?
    Aka the “super rich”

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What if they opened it to everyone and the best candidate always happened to be white? How do they fill the quota then?
    I dont know why hes arguing it. Its pretty ****ing obvious thats how the like of Garth Crooks got jobs on the BBC because of their skin colour, and not their ability.

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    I do like the " officially " matt
    well ive noticed a class preference with the bbc
    as opposed to ethnicity
    it makes you laugh don't it
    what ever happened to
    "best man/woman for the job"
    "work hard and you will be rewarded"
    But that's what it is trying to redress in fairness, plenty of people were working hard and not being rewarded because their face didn't fit.

A lot of it starts earlier than the job application process though like the lack of girls doing stem subjects at school.

It should work itself out , talent isn't linked to race, religion, disability in sectors like this. Probability wise most sectors should be a reflection of society with slight deviation due to better educations

The quota isn't there for the sake of being filled it's because certain people were being over looked when they shouldn't have been.

The best candidate should always get the job.
    Oh ok. Should work itself out. Ok then.
    No need to advertise for what a company needs as some bloke on the internet said it will all work out

Should always be the best man for the job. Unfortunately this lot need to hit a certain quota..imagine going for a job, being the beat candidate, and missing out because you're not an ethnic minority...sometimes it's just best to advertise for what they need...