+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brexit thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brexit thread

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Oh no, the no deal possibility or probability even has nothing to do with Welsh independence, I just checked out what the FT political editor as well as what the Guardian journalists had to say last night and they agreed with the FT main man, they give the rationale as well, I looks like no deal has come up on the rails and hit the front inside the last furlong, will it stay there ?
    If it does then that has big implications for a united Ireland and an independent Scotland not to mention Wales.

Its all in play now.
    How will it affect Wales? Surely if Brexit goes ahead it will satisfy the majority vote in Wales. If Brexit doesn't go ahead do you think that Wales will vote for independence in order to leave the EU? I very much doubt it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    How will it affect Wales? Surely if Brexit goes ahead it will satisfy the majority vote in Wales. If Brexit doesn't go ahead do you think that Wales will vote for independence in order to leave the EU? I very much doubt it myself.
    Economic depravation in Wales whilst watching Scotland and N.Ireland go and having to put up with perpetual Tory rule from Westminster if hard Brexit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Economic depravation in Wales whilst watching Scotland and N.Ireland go and having to put up with perpetual Tory rule from Westminster if hard Brexit happens.
    On the other hand, Wales may be more deprived if it's economic fate is not tied to England whether we are in the EU or otherwise.