+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Play offs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Play offs?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No it isn't. We'd need Championship winning form between now and the end of the season. We might have won two on the trot but there's been nothing to suggest we could go on a major winning streak,especially with our defensive record.
    We are light years behind many formerly indifferent teams such as even Barnsley and Fulham, not to mention the many above them, we have no chance this season or most probably next or the season thereafter. With a leaky defence and without a recognised striker no team will get promoted from the Championship. The many millions required to get us anywhere near promotion simply is not there and frankly I'm glad because the last thing I want is for the club to get into deeper debt which potentially could threaten its very existence. While the optimism is laudable the reality is likely to be far different.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    We are light years behind many formerly indifferent teams such as even Barnsley and Fulham, not to mention the many above them, we have no chance this season or most probably next or the season thereafter. With a leaky defence and without a recognised striker no team will get promoted from the Championship. The many millions required to get us anywhere near promotion simply is not there and frankly I'm glad because the last thing I want is for the club to get into deeper debt which potentially could threaten its very existence. While the optimism is laudable the reality is likely to be far different.
    We won promotion without a recognised striker, mainly through having a very hard working midfield that ran its nadgers off every week, helping out in defence and popping up with goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We won promotion without a recognised striker, mainly through having a very hard working midfield that ran its nadgers off every week, helping out in defence and popping up with goals.
    Read the full quote. I said "with a leaky defence and without a recognised striker we will not get promoted............"
    If we had a solid defence we perhaps could make progress but as matters stand we have not - look at our goals against record.