+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carwyn Jones

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Carwyn Jones

There were tears in the conference hall apparently. Tears? Really? The guy knows there's a shitstorm coming and is getting out now

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There were tears in the conference hall apparently. Tears? Really? The guy knows there's a shitstorm coming and is getting out now
    He certainly jumped before he was pushed.

Arrogant, nasty, evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    He certainly jumped before he was pushed.

Arrogant, nasty, evil man.
    I was involved in the referendum for lawmaking powers held in Wales in 2011, campaigning for Yes. On the day following the vote there was a big party in the Wales Millennium Centre for the Yes campaigners. Spirits were high because Yes had won and I was getting drunk and talking to some interesting people whom I’d never met before. I went to the bar and who was there but only Carwyn Jones with a sour expression on his face. He’d campaigned for Yes as the First Minister but didn’t look too happy as I stood next to him waiting to be served.

Not being a fan of the man myself I just ordered my round and didn’t say anything to him. My drinks were placed on a tray. As I lifted the tray and made my way to my companions CJ - the First Minister - elbowed my arm, causing the drinks to spill but I managed to keep the tray from tipping the glasses onto the floor. I looked up at him - he’s quite tall - and he glared at me, daring me to challenge his behaviour. I muttered something like ”****ing wanker” and went back to my seat.

What a ****ing wanker.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I was involved in the referendum for lawmaking powers held in Wales in 2011, campaigning for Yes. On the day following the vote there was a big party in the Wales Millennium Centre for the Yes campaigners. Spirits were high because Yes had won and I was getting drunk and talking to some interesting people whom I’d never met before. I went to the bar and who was there but only Carwyn Jones with a sour expression on his face. He’d campaigned for Yes as the First Minister but didn’t look too happy as I stood next to him waiting to be served.

Not being a fan of the man myself I just ordered my round and didn’t say anything to him. My drinks were placed on a tray. As I lifted the tray and made my way to my companions CJ - the First Minister - elbowed my arm, causing the drinks to spill but I managed to keep the tray from tipping the glasses onto the floor. I looked up at him - he’s quite tall - and he glared at me, daring me to challenge his behaviour. I muttered something like ”****ing wanker” and went back to my seat.

What a ****ing wanker.
    So you don't like the bloke and you were pissed ?

You seem to remember a lot about the evening ?

When my father was in the princess of Wales with dementia carwyn spoke to me and my family for ages , I think he's a good guy

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So you don't like the bloke and you were pissed ?

You seem to remember a lot about the evening ?

When my father was in the princess of Wales with dementia carwyn spoke to me and my family for ages , I think he's a good guy
    Yes I remember the day clearly. I worked for Plaid so I didn’t fraternise with Labour politicians if I could help it. I was on my third pint as I went to the bar. You had a good interaction with CJ - I’d imagine he was on an official visit to the hospital. I had a bad one when CJ was “off duty”. Context is important.

He hasn’t exactly covered himself with glory recently, either.

Love the new love him and JC

""" Welsh Labour will attempt to distance itself from the UK party and the infighting that has blighted Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership during its campaign to hang on to power in the Welsh assembly.""