+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Katie Hopkins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Katie Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Katie Hopkins was employed because she is controversial, and then people would phone up and argue with her. LBC knew this and they have been fine with people calling up asking her to be sacked. companies like LBC need phone calls to create content.

However LBC are a commercial station, what would have happened is the companies that advertise would have put pressure on LBC to do something otherwise they will pull their advertising. At that point LBC need to do something.

LBC have been fine with members of the public not being happy with Hopkins and Farage broadcasting for a good while now.
    Same thing. People didn't like her opinion, pressure was put on other people to get her ousted.

I doubt her opinion changed, I doubt her followers opinions changed either. If anything this sort of action just galvanises them further. I don't see how silencing someone via sacking is healthier than debate.

Re: Katie Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Same thing. People didn't like her opinion, pressure was put on other people to get her ousted.

I doubt her opinion changed, I doubt her followers opinions changed either. If anything this sort of action just galvanises them further. I don't see how silencing someone via sacking is healthier than debate.
    You can have the debate. You dont have the right for it to be broadcast.

If companies pull their advertising the station cannot survive.

I can act like an idiot in work, as long as im good at my job i'll keep being employed. If i annoy the people who pay the bills and they take their custom elsewhere, they need to get rid of me.