+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing out from the back

Re: Playing out from the back

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Pep started it all the way back when in charge with Barcelona. Its all his fault.
    Barcelona via Bayern Munich, so that is 3 major leagues he has tainted in a decade! His team's won lots of trophies though

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Who started this crap. Was it Man City.?

I really don't know.

After Arses performance today it must be on the way out.

The old goal kick is a collosal advantage for defenders.
    This tippy tappy we can do anything we want is garbage. It's actually making footballers that are paid millions a year look pathetic.

It's a game I love but FFS coaches drop this nonsense.
    Superb analysis by Neville especially and should answer all your questions!

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/...eptember-2019/

Before someone objects, I know we haven't got the players capable of playing this way and it would be suicide for us to do it, but it's worth pointing out that Daniel Farke has spent less than Warnock so if only we had a better manager eh?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Superb analysis by Neville especially and should answer all your questions!

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/...eptember-2019/

Before someone objects, I know we haven't got the players capable of playing this way and it would be suicide for us to do it, but it's worth pointing out that Daniel Farke has spent less than Warnock so if only we had a better manager eh?
    Norwich have Webber and the whole club is set up to identify young players, blood young players and grow. They've also nailed their youth academy in reason seasons with Aarons, Cantwell, Adams, Murphy x2 etc, as well as spotting Maddison early. Also, identifying the German market as an area to exploit.

I realise this isn't news but Norwich are streets of us off the pitch (and on it).

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Norwich have Webber and the whole club is set up to identify young players, blood young players and grow. They've also nailed their youth academy in reason seasons with Aarons, Cantwell, Adams, Murphy x2 etc, as well as spotting Maddison early. Also, identifying the German market as an area to exploit.

I realise this isn't news but Norwich are streets of us off the pitch (and on it).
    Stuart Webber has got to be the best sporting director in Britain at present and they also have a loan manager who aids the progression of their young talent by carefully selecting the clubs to loan their youngsters to in order to enhance their development.

Maddison wasn't a huge secret, I remember posting about him on here when he was at Coventry.

Stuart Webber has got to be the best sporting director in Britain at present and they also have a loan manager who aids the progression of their young talent by carefully selecting the clubs to loan their youngsters to in order to enhance their development.

Maddison wasn't a huge secret, I remember posting about him on here when he was at Coventry.
    I think he had a bit of a wobble at Coventry and they took the punt. Benefits of being in the Premier League at the time I suppose!

Webber has done a cracking job, and he's Welsh! Vincent, sign him up

What is the logical point in risking losing possession in front of your own goal if you don't have to ?
    It's as simple as that really

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    What is the logical point in risking losing possession in front of your own goal if you don't have to ?
    Yes, far better to belt it long and lose possession in the opposition's half.

With every post you show how clueless you are.

Capture.PNG

Best decision I've ever made

I can well believe that to ignore someone on a message board is well up there with the highest level decisions this kid has been involved in. He's obviously proud of it.

The teams in the other European leagues are further down the road with regards to possession based football, and people like Gary Neville are actually a bit late to the game. You need the right coaches and playing staff to make it work, and they need to be well drilled. It's actually easier than it looks to keep possession when all of the opposition players are in front of you, and a well drilled side will have no problems keeping hold of the ball until a transition in play occurs. If a mistake is made, it doesn't mean the other team will definitely score, and a lot of situations are recoverable. However, it's not easy to adopt to this way of playing, so it's not a tactic that you could spring on a team at short notice, and sometimes it is impossible due to the shortcomings of the player who are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, far better to belt it long and lose possession in the opposition's half.

But if you lose it there it's not immediately dangerous, is it ?

No idea why you want to insult someone instead of either addressing the point or not commenting .

I can well believe that to ignore someone on a message board is well up there with the highest level decisions this kid has been involved in. He's obviously proud of it.
    You are not in the clique, and all cliques need enemies to survive

But if you lose it there it's not immediately dangerous, is it ?
    No, but keep doing that and you keep offering the opposition the chance to start attacks. On MNF yesterday the two pundits were saying that the recent errors were due to mistakes by defenders.

If your defenders aren't capable of playing the ball out from the back, they don't do it. If they are, surely it's better to have possession than whack it long and enter the lottery.

No, but keep doing that and you keep offering the opposition the chance to start attacks. On MNF yesterday the two pundits were saying that the recent errors were due to mistakes by defenders.

If your defenders aren't capable of playing the ball out from the back, they don't do it. If they are, surely it's better to have possession than whack it long and enter the lottery.
    Any professional footballer, especially in the premier League should be capable of playing a simple pass, and there's always the hoof option if nothing else is on.
    Of course, they need to train to do it effectively

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Any professional footballer, especially in the premier League should be capable of playing a simple pass, and there's always the hoof option if nothing else is on.
    Of course, they need to train to do it effectively
    It's more than a simple pass, these kind of transitions require the entire team to function as a single unit. They spend months doing drills and learning rotations on the training pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Capture.PNG

Best decision I've ever made
    His opinions just don’t interest me, and they are every other post under different names.

Playing out from the back is the way to go because otherwise you needlessly give away possession almost every goal kick.

Yes there will be the odd error but I’d bet more goals are conceded by needlessly giving away possession by hitting it long.

There is zero excuse for a professional not to be able to play a pass in these situations.

There's no rule where you have to do one thing or the other. Mix it up a bit.

Oh yeah. If they can do it PROPERLY of course you do that , but very very few are, and there's not much prospect of us getting any in the foreseeable future. You've also got to have the right coaching staff to pull that off successfully

Here's footage of the boys being trained by the other Bob Wilson and Pedro at Porthcawl to pass it round their penalty area when they take over from Neil Warnock

Here is a good example of playing out from the back from last night's CL game at Benfica. The move starts with a throw-in near the left corner flag at 82:50, then the ball is played across the box and out to the right touchline. The right fullback then starts an attack which results in a clinical move that ends in a goal.

https://www.footballorgin.com/benfic...tember-2019/2/

Oh yeah. If they can do it PROPERLY of course you do that , but very very few are
    What nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Here is a good example of playing out from the back from last night's CL game at Benfica. The move starts with a throw-in near the left corner flag at 82:50, then the ball is played across the box and out to the right touchline. The right fullback then starts an attack which results in a clinical move that ends in a goal.

https://www.footballorgin.com/benfic...tember-2019/2/
    Here is a better link. I counted 13 touches before it was in the opposition net.

https://www.footballorgin.com/benfic...tember-2019/4/

Here's footage of the boys being trained by the other Bob Wilson and Pedro at Porthcawl to pass it round their penalty area when they take over from Neil Warnock
    Funnily enough, the warnock boys would keep the ball in the air for about 6 touches. And these are not league one players. They are beach bums having fun on a Tuesday..