Thread: Listening to radio 4

Listening to radio 4

Will turn you into a jibbering , suicidal wreck

Dont do it

Even during these dark times

This has been a public information film

Re: Listening to radio 4

Quite interesting radio channel.

They tend to report matters not normally on mainstream radio.

I would recommend it .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Quite interesting radio channel.

They tend to report matters not normally on mainstream radio.

I would recommend it .
    I wouldnt

Gardeners question time

Dreadful plays

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I wouldnt

Gardeners question time

Dreadful plays
    womans hour
    all very educational....

International

Radio 4 extra on DAb is quite good. They play all the old comedy shows and stuff, and the plays which can be quite relaxing if you have nothing to do but listen to them...... like now.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I wouldnt

Gardeners question time

Dreadful plays
    Gardeners question time drives me nuts 'Constance from Oxford is having a terrible bout of mealybug attack on her mimosa pudica' Actually, that'd probably get you quite excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Gardeners question time drives me nuts 'Constance from Oxford is having a terrible bout of mealybug attack on her mimosa pudica' Actually, that'd probably get you quite excited.
    That and womens hour turned me off radio for life

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Radio 4 extra on DAb is quite good. They play all the old comedy shows and stuff, and the plays which can be quite relaxing if you have nothing to do but listen to them...... like now.
    The Navy Lark.

International

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    The Navy Lark.

I used to listen to Radio 4 all the time. Then drifted to Radio 5. Nowadays I mostly listen to podcasts - and some of them are from Radio 4 like Friday Night Comedy (Now Show or News Quiz) or The Week In Westminster.

Radio 4 Extra is a goldmine of classic excellence!

I will admit to enjoying Woman's Hour, Gardeners Questions Time, some of the plays, some of the comedy, the Today Programme, Desert Island Discs etc. 4Extra and Six Music are good but I listen to Radio 4 more than other BBC stations

I love Radio 4. Series such as 'The Moral Maze', 'In Our Time', 'Thinking Allowed','The Infinite Monkey Cage', 'From Our Own Correspondent', 'Desert Island Discs' and may other series are intellectual masterpieces and hugely educational. And many dramas are terrific.

All that TBG says plus Evan Davis in his hour slot late afternoon is brilliant. He’s got a brain and is given time to delve deep and not rush through topics like R5 sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Great, radio 4 and 4 extra , 6 music , 5 , no competion great value.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I love Radio 4. Series such as 'The Moral Maze', 'In Our Time', 'Thinking Allowed','The Infinite Monkey Cage', 'From Our Own Correspondent', 'Desert Island Discs' and may other series are intellectual masterpieces and hugely educational. And many dramas are terrific.
    'In Our Time' stretches my mind to the limits of it's intellectual capacity sometimes.
    'Great Lives', 'The Long View', 'Broadcasting House', 'From Our Own Correspondent', 'More or Less', 'Jeremy Hardy Speaks to The Nation', 'The Mark Steel Lectures', 'Home Truths', 'Last Word', 'Poetry Please', 'A Good Read' are all programmes that I enjoy, or did when they were on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Let's just hope that it doesn't spread to her clematis.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    'In Our Time' stretches my mind to the limits of it's intellectual capacity sometimes.
    'Great Lives', 'The Long View', 'Broadcasting House', 'From Our Own Correspondent', 'More or Less', 'Jeremy Hardy Speaks to The Nation', 'The Mark Steel Lectures', 'Home Truths', 'Last Word', 'Poetry Please', 'A Good Read' are all programmes that I enjoy, or did when they were on.
    All are probably available via podcasts. I tend to download lots of them onto my iPod and I listen to them when travelling around the world.