Mick McCarthy has referred to Colwill's size in both of the interviews he's mentioned him in - as City 123 says, it just seems so very Cardiff that he should do that. Colwill is a very good prospect, but, like Loramski says, there is an element of right time and right place about his ascent into the first team, while Sion Spence and James Waite (who are both quite a few inches shorter than Colwill) and are best suited to to what I think is, perhaps, Colwill's best position as a number ten got nowhere near becoming a first team player.

Both of those players had both been much more influential over a longer period in age group football than Colwill has been and, in one of their cases, decided to leave the club and, in the other, languished out on loan at Weston and is now being used as a wing back - in the case of Waite especially, I definitely think his lack of inches has been a big factor in his lack of progress as far as first team football at Cardiff is concerned.

I agree with Loramski about the lack of substitutions on Saturday. While I can see why Mick McCarthy stuck with the established players while almost completely ignoring the young players on the bench, it has to be a short sighted policy which is likely to catch up with us eventually in such a congested season. In saying that, I'm sure that quite a bit of the improvement we've seen at Under 23 and Under 18 level in recent months is down to the fact that youngsters are now making it onto the bench in first team games and, after years of decision making in terms of first team selection which offered them no route into the team, there is at least one there now, even if successive managers have been very reluctant to taker the final step and introduce young subs into the actual team.

The test will come when and if the rules changes post Covid as to the number of substitutes you can pick - will things revert to how they were when there aren't nine subs?