Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
Completely against VAR. Imagine some of the greatest goals in recent times such as Chopra last minute v the Jacks and Ben Turner v Liverpool being checked by VAR to confirm no offside, you'd be waiting to celebrate.

The Chopra one especially he looked miles off, it would just lose the moment of going mad with your mates for me.

I don't think that is worth correcting the odd decisions that go wrong. And I'm still saying that after Azpilicueta's "goal", I can't see me ever changing my mind on it.
I'm with you on this. It was farcical to a point last night, unless the technology is there where it can be instant then I just don't like it. It was dramatic to watch as a neutral but in the end it's VAR getting mentioned again. I just don't see how it fits into the game as we know it, other games are stop-start in nature, rugby try decisions take place when the kicker would be setting up anyway. American football has more stoppages than Tyson. Cricket is well...cricket.

It's also still not "fair" as 99% of the match is officiated only by the ref and his two sidekicks. The build up to these decisions is still the result of decisions made by the ref alone, whether they are correct or not.