+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: Torquay Utd 1 - 1 Cardiff City. Pre season friendly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: Torquay Utd 1 - 1 Cardiff City. Pre season friendly

We lost to Shrewsbury last year in a friendly , yet still managed to get promoted. Wouldn’t read anything into pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    We lost to Shrewsbury last year in a friendly , yet still managed to get promoted. Wouldn’t read anything into pre season.
    We didn't have to play the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We didn't have to play the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea last season.
    The season we made the FA cup final (and would have been in the playoffs hadn't we had a poor opening 3 months to the season) we lost to non-league Stockport 6-4 in a friendly.

I remember Newcastle being trounced by some lower division nonentity in a friendly once before winning the Championship.

Anyone reading anything into the results of pre-season friendlies are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Anyone reading anything into the results of pre-season friendlies are idiots.
    I remember travelling to Yeovil for a pre-season friendly in July 2004. City were in the Championship, the Glovers were in League Two. The game ended in a 3-3 draw. City's defence looked a shambles, while Yeovil played some really decent football for a side in the bottom division. They were definitely the better team on the night. A couple of days later, based on their performance in that friendly, I put £25 on Yeovil to win League Two at 18/1. Win it they did and I was £450 better off at the end of the season. But then I guess I'm just an idiot.