+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has Warnock given up?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Has Warnock given up?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Neil has already cemented his place in history as one of the great City legends. I would put him ahead of Jimmy Scoular. The danger now is the situation could end up like a boxing match, where the ref doesn't step in early enough, and it could be very painful to watch.
    To be ahead of Jimmy is going some in my humble view .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I see your point, but Scoular didn't win anything, whereas Warnock got a team on the verge of relegation promoted. Don't forget the 70-71 team ultimately managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and that moment was the beginning of a long and slow decline. I know it's controversial, but I'm sticking with my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I see your point, but Scoular didn't win anything, whereas Warnock got a team on the verge of relegation promoted. Don't forget the 70-71 team ultimately managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. And that moment was the beginning of a long and slow decline. I know it's controversial, but I'm sticking with my opinion.
    I agree with your assessment of the relative abilities of the two managers. Jimmy gave us hope but left us ultimately with an expectation of failure

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I agree with your assessment of the relative abilities of the two managers. Jimmy gave us hope but left us ultimately with an expectation of failure
    Jimmy Scoular was a great manager, there is no doubt about that. You could argue that Jimmy had his hands tied with the sale of Toshack, but Warboys was quite prolific during his first season with us. I think it all ended up being a step too far, with the capitulation at Sheffield United being a case in point. When the chips were down with Warnock's team, he dragged them over the finishing line.