+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I remember challenging a grade once after spending a lot of time researching a specific topic, and the lecturer at my top tier university said I didn't know what I was talking about. So I contacted the professor at MIT in America who was the originator of this particular field of study and he said my work was outstanding, and my understanding of the subject was at PhD level. It was then that I realised that most universities are treadmills, and that it was entirely possible to self-educate oneself if you have the requisite skillset.
    So what did you do? Use the MIT Professor's words to go and get that PhD and show that top tier University what a talented god they had within their midst or get off the treadmill, self-educate and spend a few decades on a football messageboard trying to convince seriously sceptical people about how clever you really are?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    So what did you do? Use the MIT Professor's words to go and get that PhD and show that top tier University what a talented god they had within their midst or get off the treadmill, self-educate and spend a few decades on a football messageboard trying to convince seriously sceptical people about how clever you really are?
    No, I just realised that the world is full of idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    No, I just realised that the world is full of idiots.
    and?