+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keir Starmer, the leader the tories fear the most

Re: Keir Starmer, the leader the tories fear the most

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Core vote, maybe, but that presumes the party will be united. Strong chance that won't happen.
    It won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It won't.
    I hope not because any government needs strong opposition.

I can see plenty spitting the dummy as Starmer steers the party more to the center.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think ed Miliband is a good guy but he needs to stay on the shadow back benches

He just doesn't give me any confidence

I hope starmer gets rid of Emily thornberry mind , far too pompous
    Thornberry is still there - but in a more junior position:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rmer-reshuffle

I hope not because any government needs strong opposition.

I can see plenty spitting the dummy as Starmer steers the party more to the center.
    A centrist Labour party sort of defeats the object, but gets the vote.

Media didn't blow it up as "Jew eating bacon".

It was blown up that he couldn't even eat a sandwich without making a mess of things.
    And the sandwich was a bacon sandwich. He would not have grown up with bacon so he might have been uncomfortable eating it. It was an unfair and stupid standard.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    And the sandwich was a bacon sandwich. He would not have grown up with bacon so he might have been uncomfortable eating it. It was an unfair and stupid standard.
    A sandwich is a sandwich...

If he was uncomfortable eating is as you claim then why order it other than for a PR shot? He was raised secular, so chances are may well have eaten bacon before. He does after all refer to himself as a Jewish athiest.

It just made no sense doing it and played into the image of him as Labour's answer to Mr Bean.

Well, have a bit more time on hands now due to a certain virus causing lockdown...
    Cyril always likes to get the personal attacks in early, I've heard that he's read the Rules for Radicals over a hundred times!

If everyone had a photo of them eating I bet they'd all look ridiculous at some point. It shows the state of British politics that it is still such a talked about incident.

The ****ing big stone was the thing that killed him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If everyone had a photo of them eating I bet they'd all look ridiculous at some point. It shows the state of British politics that it is still such a talked about incident.

The ****ing big stone was the thing that killed him anyway.
    The photograph was taken with a high-speed sports camera so that they could get the 'right' shot.

Hes not that charismatic but hes a steady head , hes going to be a breath of fresh air after corbyn
    Joe Pasquale would be a breath of fresh air after Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Joe Pasquale would be a breath of fresh air after Corbyn.
    Could have Duncan Norvelle running through the opposition benches "chase me, chase me".

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    ...in the next election...

Add to that the fact we will be out of the EU - when most EU countries are having a worse time of it than us.
    What makes you think the UK will be doing better than most EU countries at the time of the next election? Am genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinblue View Post
    What makes you think the UK will be doing better than most EU countries at the time of the next election? Am genuinely curious.
    I’m concerned that the EU will have a ‘bugger you’ attitude, quite understandably, and the UK will have to go it alone in the rebuild of society, very sobering thought that we'll be on the outside looking in while Europe mucks in as one.

A sandwich is a sandwich...

If he was uncomfortable eating is as you claim then why order it other than for a PR shot? He was raised secular, so chances are may well have eaten bacon before. He does after all refer to himself as a Jewish athiest.

It just made no sense doing it and played into the image of him as Labour's answer to Mr Bean.
    Well as a Muslim who was raised fairly secularly, I have never eaten pork bacon. Can't believe I am arguing about a ****ing sandwich!

His record when compared to his brother possibly?

One has achieved, the other hasn't.
    So Starmer was meant to compare him to his brother when deciding whether to have him in his shadow cabinet, even though his brother isn't an MP and doesn't want to be in the shadow cabinet?

International

There is a lot of unrest between Eu states at the moment as some are saying the 'solidarity' only works when the northern(Rich) nations think it suits them
    The EU is threratening Hungary and Italy is berating Holland for vetoing financial assistance for them in the pandemic. Do you really want to be in a club like that? I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So Starmer was meant to compare him to his brother when deciding whether to have him in his shadow cabinet, even though his brother isn't an MP and doesn't want to be in the shadow cabinet?
    Shami wasn't an MP when she was in shadow cabinet.

The achievements of David compared to Ed show Ed is, well, not very good at whatever it is he does. Better than most of the current crop of Labour MPs, I'll grant you that but you believe there are zero better candidates for the role?

Ed has a groupie!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There is a lot of unrest between Eu states at the moment as some are saying the 'solidarity' only works when the northern(Rich) nations think it suits them
    The EU is threratening Hungary and Italy is berating Holland for vetoing financial assistance for them in the pandemic. Do you really want to be in a club like that? I'm not sure.
    The sign of the strength of any union is the reaction in a crisis. Well, the crisis is here...

The sign of the strength of any union is the reaction in a crisis. Well, the crisis is here...
    As I understand it there was a total lack of mutual support and assistance in the first week or so of the Covid 19 crisis (especially when Italy asked for help) but then the EU states started to get their act together. French and Italian patients are now in German hospitals (and French in Luxemburg) and there has been a real effort to combine resources, research and purchasing power. When you add that to the Chinese equipment and doctors in Lombardy - and the Cuban doctors - the picture is now much more positive!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    As I understand it there was a total lack of mutual support and assistance in the first week or so of the Covid 19 crisis (especially when Italy asked for help) but then the EU states started to get their act together. French and Italian patients are now in German hospitals (and French in Luxemburg) and there has been a real effort to combine resources, research and purchasing power. When you add that to the Chinese equipment and doctors in Lombardy - and the Cuban doctors - the picture is now much more positive!
    I have read that Dutch patients have been submitted to German hospitals too.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Well the purchasing aint working, we now know that much. But i hope they get it together.

Son of a factory worker and an NHS nurse

State schooled

Barrister

Represented families of striking dockers who had benefits cut off

Represented mineworkers when it sued the tory government for failing to provide transitional relief for unemployed miners

Published a legal document to widespread acclaim that the 2003 invasion of Iraq would be unlawful

Took the last labour government to court over its decision to deny welfare benefits to asylum seekers

As director of public prosecutions he prosecuted mp's who cheated on their expenses

Changed prosecution guidelines on violence towards women

The odious daily mail and daily telegraph have already gone on the attack ...

High flying law man desperate to stress his working class credentials ! spouts the telegraph

After this governments shocking response to the coronavirus, the right wing press are fearing a 1945 swing to labour and keir starmer has got them worried

Let's have it
    I don’t think the Torres are in fear of any Labour Party leader at present.
    Labour look and act like a party that will be in opposition for many years to come.

Son of a factory worker and an NHS nurse

State schooled

Barrister

Represented families of striking dockers who had benefits cut off

Represented mineworkers when it sued the tory government for failing to provide transitional relief for unemployed miners

Published a legal document to widespread acclaim that the 2003 invasion of Iraq would be unlawful

Took the last labour government to court over its decision to deny welfare benefits to asylum seekers

As director of public prosecutions he prosecuted mp's who cheated on their expenses

Changed prosecution guidelines on violence towards women

The odious daily mail and daily telegraph have already gone on the attack ...

High flying law man desperate to stress his working class credentials ! spouts the telegraph

After this governments shocking response to the coronavirus, the right wing press are fearing a 1945 swing to labour and keir starmer has got them worried

Let's have it
    I think theres a politics section for this

[QUOTE=Heisenberg;5062851]The Sun will be on the attack soon (if they're not already) as Starmer was head of public prosecutions during the

[QUOTE=William Treseder;5063985]
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The Sun will be on the attack soon (if they're not already) as Starmer was head of public prosecutions during the
    Does anybody still read the Sun?