+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arm our officers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Arm our officers

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    because is does in the US i guess ? ? ?
    Are you kidding?

Read my post again and ask yourself if putting thousands of guns into the hands of lowly paid civil servants who often choose a career in policing in order to assert their authority over others is the correct solution to one guy with a knife?

No looking at the US required for that conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Are you kidding?

Read my post again and ask yourself if putting thousands of guns into the hands of lowly paid civil servants who often choose a career in policing in order to assert their authority over others is the correct solution to one guy with a knife?

Are you kidding?

no

because its easy to use the US and its armed officers are a example to win the " we do not want to arm our police " argument

I know a 5 armed police officers, 2 current, 2 trained and 1 just retired ( about a month ago )

I would trust the judgement of them all and while you will argue " but thats just 5 " i can honestly say that if they had to make a call i would trust them with my life

the bloke next door to me used a " tazer " in January, he has had 8 meetings about it so far, it was all caught on CCTV and on his body cam aswell, these guys are trained and trained well

no

because its easy to use the US and its armed officers are a example to win the " we do not want to arm our police " argument

I know a 5 armed police officers, 2 current, 2 trained and 1 just retired ( about a month ago )

I would trust the judgement of them all and while you will argue " but thats just 5 " i can honestly say that if they had to make a call i would trust them with my life

the bloke next door to me used a " tazer " in January, he has had 8 meetings about it so far, it was all caught on CCTV and on his body cam aswell, these guys are trained and trained well
    I'm not sure how any of that is a response to what I posted.

I'm not sure how any of that is a response to what I posted.
    point 1 - Are you kidding?

i pointed out that i am not kidding, as the US argument is easy to use

point 2 - Lowly paid civil servants who often choose a career in policing in order to assert their authority

i pointed out i know 5 armed Officers and none are meathead bobby's with superiority-complex or a Lowly paid civil servants who chose a career in policing in order to assert their authority over others

fairly simple

point 2 - Lowly paid civil servants who often choose a career in policing in order to assert their authority

i pointed out i know 5 armed Officers and none are meathead bobby's with superiority-complex or a Lowly paid civil servants who chose a career in policing in order to assert their authority over others

fairly simple
    Well my point was "fairly simple" and you didn't address it.

There are 125,000 police officers in the UK according to my Google-fu and so far we've got Blue matt's Golden Guarantee™ that at least 5 of them won't peel your cap off in a moment of roid-induced rage, can you vouch for the rest or will we have to chance it?

Richyrich

fairly simple
    Your argument doesn't stand up Matt. The officers you know are the cream of the cream and specially trained, you're arguing about arming EVERY police officer, that is a massive difference. Can you see that?

Latest reports now saying,the officer involved was unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Your argument doesn't stand up Matt. The officers you know are the cream of the cream and specially trained, you're arguing about arming EVERY police officer, that is a massive difference. Can you see that?
    I am sure you know that these Officers were just your " Lowly paid civil servant meathead bobby's with superiority-complex who chose a career in policing in order to assert their authority over others " ( as CC likes to call them ) before they were trained in AR ( and then trusted to guard Ted Heath and Camilla & Charles, while Charles was in her home )

I fully understand that training them all to carry arms would take time, but lets start, lets get more trained, the armed officers will be wearing body cams, so they will know they are being filmed and will not have free reign to " pop a cap "

I am sure 1/2 on here think our police are a bunch of idiots and cannot be trusted, they are the front line in our protection against these nutters ( be it religious or not ) lets give them a little help to do the job they do, tonight a police officer will not be returning home, that officer was NOT armed, he was faced with a guy wielding TWO knifes and trying to stab him, as we know, he did and the Officer died would that officer being armed have saved his life, we can only guess it would have

I fully understand that training them all to carry arms would take time, but lets start, lets get more trained, the armed officers will be wearing body cams, so they will know they are being filmed and will not have free reign to " pop a cap "
    Out of interest, if every police officer carried a gun, do you think that would make criminals more or less likely to carry them too? If you think it's more likely, how do you suppose that improves public safety?