+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We buy, use, utilize, Chinese goods and services every second of our lives. In the real, tangible sense China is more real to our everyday lives than the USA. You mentioned 'watch, read, listens etc..'. That's exactly, 100% the point I was making - "the power of the media "..
    Yes and one could well argue the Chinese record on human rights freedom of speach it's as bad or worse than the awful racism in the USA, no big protests though, even when you see what will soon be imposed on Hong Kong freedoms

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes and one could well argue the Chinese record on human rights freedom of speach it's as bad or worse than the awful racism in the USA, no big protests though, even when you see what will soon be imposed on Hong Kong freedoms
    I’ve been wondering about HK lately. Surely China have to abide by the terms of the handover agreement written in 1997? I can’t see how they think they can get away with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’ve been wondering about HK lately. Surely China have to abide by the terms of the handover agreement written in 1997? I can’t see how they think they can get away with it.
    What were the terms?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    What were the terms?
    I don’t know but surely it was to continue roughly the way it was with 1 country 2 systems or whatever they call it. No doubt protesters in HK will start to disappear in the next few years.....

International

Why? They don't take any notice of much else if it doesn't suit them. If they choose not to take notice who is going to do anything about it really?

What is to stop them?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What is to stop them?
    I know....you wonder if lots of countries will go against them on this though, didn’t lots already start something? What they did to the peaceful people of Tibet is one thing, HK is a different kettle of fish no? Maybe it’s time to stop doing business with China to force them to conform? If this virus has taught us anything surely it’s we should be making more stuff here now and not relying on importing it from the other side of the world. I’m not saying any of this is easy, but we have to start somewhere.