+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Doubtless, and I'm sure you could .

That story has been waiting to break for some time.
    It will be interesting to see what comes of it now that it is.
    Maybe nothing will come of it, the establishment are masters of making things disappear, and that's where all the blackmail files come in handy. As the Donald said himself in a tweet this morning "Drain the Swamp should be changed to Drain the Sewer - it's actually much worse than anyone ever thought".

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Maybe nothing will come of it, the establishment are masters of making things disappear, and that's where all the blackmail files come in handy. As the Donald said himself in a tweet this morning "Drain the Swamp should be changed to Drain the Sewer - it's actually much worse than anyone ever thought".
    And this is where I get frustrated.
    I'd like to see the swamp/sewer drained. Or at least cleaned.
    I just don't think that 'they' backed the best Trojan Horse in Don.
    He's already alienated himself from those around him that had the impetus and the ability, as well as his original aides who got him where he is.
    He now looks like an increasingly renegade blustering buffoon, with something to hide.
    maybe that's the game, maybe that's the truth.

I'm still leaning more towards the other theory - that Trump is a plant - a ploy - a stooge - whether he knows it or not, to divide American society and Establishment to the point that it is a weak porridge of malcontent and dysfunction.
    Someone(s) would like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    And this is where I get frustrated.
    I'd like to see the swamp/sewer drained. Or at least cleaned.
    I just don't think that 'they' backed the best Trojan Horse in Don.
    He's already alienated himself from those around him that had the impetus and the ability, as well as his original aides who got him where he is.
    He now looks like an increasingly renegade blustering buffoon, with something to hide.
    maybe that's the game, maybe that's the truth.

I'm still leaning more towards the other theory - that Trump is a plant - a ploy - a stooge - whether he knows it or not, to divide American society and Establishment to the point that it is a weak porridge of malcontent and dysfunction.
    Someone(s) would like that...
    You could be right, and that is exactly why I am still sitting on the fence. Trump hasn't really played his hand yet, but we will know soon enough after he makes his first proper move. Everybody is just jockeying for position at the moment, but all the pieces are in position for one of the biggest political battles we are ever likely to witness. I think it's going to get ugly.

You could be right, and that is exactly why I am still sitting on the fence. Trump hasn't really played his hand yet, but we will know soon enough after he makes his first proper move. Everybody is just jockeying for position at the moment, but all the pieces are in position for one of the biggest political battles we are ever likely to witness. I think it's going to get ugly.
    Unfortunately for trump fans, I think fake news, witch hunt, deny everything is his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Unfortunately for trump fans, I think fake news, witch hunt, deny everything is his hand.
    I thought you were with me on the fence!

I thought you were with me on the fence!
    on the fence do you really believe you are impartial, comedy gold, keep it up

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-intelligence

This is a valid question.

if Kushners 'defence' is 'utter ignorance of .. err everything to do with what he .. does' - why, how is he Trumps' numero-uno - the WH 'top aide'?
    Eh?!

I can understand that Don might needed people he can trust around him.
    But the apparent naivety and associated peril at this level is mind-blowing. If it is indeed naivety.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    on the fence do you really believe you are impartial, comedy gold, keep it up
    Of course I'm on the fence, I'm merely an observer like everybody else You can try to make a case both ways, but the Russian angle just doesn't add up, whereas there is plenty of meat on the bone regarding the Democrats and past Republicans. Actually I am waiting for Trump to be exposed as a fraud, or to be in on it as well. You know that Hegelian thing Mrs R is always on about.