+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    This memo better be good now after all the hype!
    My rule of thumb is usually to watch what Ryan does on these type of things. If he believes things have legs he will jump on board and look for some credit and help manage. On this when pressed on release by Republicans he referred it back to Nunes to determine how to proceed so he has no fingerprints at the moment if it fizzles and disappoints.

19 congressional days runs to mid-March so I guess this jaw-dropping watergate topping expose will just have to remain regularly hinted at until then. Unless of course Donny succumbs to Don Jrs 40 odd tweets and Hannity's rants to #releasethememo and uses his executive priviledge in the national interest to declassify and release immediately. Then again he might prefer the noise it has created to any facts that ultimately come out.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    My rule of thumb is usually to watch what Ryan does on these type of things. If he believes things have legs he will jump on board and look for some credit and help manage. On this when pressed on release by Republicans he referred it back to Nunes to determine how to proceed so he has no fingerprints at the moment if it fizzles and disappoints.

19 congressional days runs to mid-March so I guess this jaw-dropping watergate topping expose will just have to remain regularly hinted at until then. Unless of course Donny succumbs to Don Jrs 40 odd tweets and Hannity's rants to #releasethememo and uses his executive priviledge in the national interest to declassify and release immediately. Then again he might prefer the noise it has created to any facts that ultimately come out.
    You are quite well informed when you want to be So what are the odds we are going to get dragged into this mess?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    ​”I do not talk to the attorney general about pending investigations. I do not talk to FBI directors about pending investigations. We have a strict line,’ ​he said. "​I guarantee that there is no political influence in any investigation conducted by the Justice Department or the FBI, not just in this case but in any case."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8199386.html