+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Cardiff Bus Lane fine?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: OT Cardiff Bus Lane fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    If it's the bus lane by the Hilton leading to North Road I'd appeal it as the signage is rubbish given the amount of information you're trying to deal with just there. I saw some poor sod trying to get into the Hilton log jam give up and drive round the back using that lane. He was too close to the sign to have been able to read it. I must have stopped at least 5 cars driving up there when walking past.
    yeah thats the one, I know the area ish, but the road seemed confusing at the time, Ill have a look at the appeal process once the paper work arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    yeah thats the one, I know the area ish, but the road seemed confusing at the time, Ill have a look at the appeal process once the paper work arrives.
    This is exactly where I got caught too. Even as a born and bred Kairdiffian it's incredibly confusing in that spot as the signage is very poor, especially at night when I got done. I even tried to avoid the area but was about to turn into a one way street going the wrong way so the only way I could see out of there was towards the Castle (I swore blind that the exit past the New Theatre was for taxis and buses only?? - still not sure on this). As I was fannying about, a taxi came right up behind me and I had to continue to avoid causing an obstruction and so actually tried to pull in before the camera but I just entered that area enough for a ticket.

Anyway, I appealed it and although they ignored my reasoning, they did let me off for a 'first offence' (apparently available to everyone), so defo worth writing a letter.

I think it's high time that area was decluttered / made clearer, otherwise cynical people may begin to think it is simply a money making racket

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    This is exactly where I got caught too. Even as a born and bred Kairdiffian it's incredibly confusing in that spot as the signage is very poor, especially at night when I got done. I even tried to avoid the area but was about to turn into a one way street going the wrong way so the only way I could see out of there was towards the Castle (I swore blind that the exit past the New Theatre was for taxis and buses only?? - still not sure on this). As I was fannying about, a taxi came right up behind me and I had to continue to avoid causing an obstruction and so actually tried to pull in before the camera but I just entered that area enough for a ticket.

Anyway, I appealed it and although they ignored my reasoning, they did let me off for a 'first offence' (apparently available to everyone), so defo worth writing a letter.

I think it's high time that area was decluttered / made clearer, otherwise cynical people may begin to think it is simply a money making racket
    Didn't have your magic 'Traffic Light changing' cheese sandwiches on you that night mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Didn't have your magic 'Traffic Light changing' cheese sandwiches on you that night mate?
    No mate

{still can't remember what I was on about that night but it must've been true}